Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity and Novell

joguevil2008
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I know that ideally Unity integrates with a windows AD and use the user accounts and his own mail stores in Exchange to hold the voice messages making use of the existing network infrastucture. However, we have a Novell Directory in use and need to install Unity 4.2 with CCM6.1.

- I would like to know what are the chances you currently have in order to integrate Unity for Exchange with a Novell Directory.

- Is there any way to make use of the existing accounts without the need of reintroduce each account? Some kind of synchronization or something like that?

I would really appreciate your help for planning this scenario.

Thanks in advance

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I would strongly recommend that you look at Unity Connections instead of traditional Unity for this deployment. It would allow synchronization with UC Manager which can synchronize with OpenLDAP in current releases. This would allow you to have a single directory.

I would like to know what are the chances you currently have in order to integrate Unity for Exchange with a Novell Directory.

No; however, UCM does support OpenLDAP in newer (7.1) versions. Unity Connections could get this via UCM then.

Is there any way to make use of the existing accounts without the need of reintroduce each account? Some kind of synchronization or something like that?

Yep, use UCM with an OpenLDAP as a proxy to eDirectory.

Hi and thanks for your attention,

I'm afraid we are limited to traditional Unity and cannot change now this scenario as long as we have acquired the product - Unity 4.2 - Now, we have to deal with this environment (CUCM6.1 - Unity 4.2 - Novell) and like to know which are the possibilities we have to face this deployment. I have read some forums related to VMO in front of Unified Messaging but I dont really now what are the requirements and consecuences of this deployment and what are the differencies and limitations of both. Do you mind to briefly explain me this topics? do you have any other suggestion?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: