Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CTI route point for assistant console

Hi, I need some assistance. I need to setup IP Manager Assistant in proxy mode. I have configured the CTI route point with DN 6XXX in SSM M E and partition route_point. I created other partions for managers and users. I can't get this registered (registration unknown). also, when I try to assign this to the IP Manager Parameters, I can't get any router point on the drop down (route point device name for proxy mode). From the information I have, This field need to be filled fot proxy mode to work.

I am using call manager 6.1

9 Replies 9

asandborgh
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Just to make sure - did you name the RP Assistant_RP as detailed in the configuration checklist?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_1_1/ccmfeat/fsipma.html

HTH,

Art

Hi, The problem was the RP name. I changed to to Assistant_RP and restarted the IP Manager Services and I can get it under service parameters and also it is registering.

IP Manager can intercept call from internal without any problem. however, the calls from outside can't be intercepted. any idea how do I solve this? when an outside number calls the manager's number is goes straight without being routed to the IPMA. inside calls are intercepted without any problem except that the filtering does not work.

Your assistance will be highly appreciated.

It sounds like the CSS on the gateway does not have the partitions in the proper order, so it can see the managers line before the Route point.

thanks. I had the partions order wrong.

any idea why I can't get the filtering working? unticking the divert all and filtering doesn't make any difference.

also, Can I get the assistant to use extension mobility?  I can only the extension mobility support for the manager.

Regards,

The answer below indicates that yes the MA can use EM too.

From CCM 6.1 features and services guide too:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_1_1/ccmfeat/fsem.html#wp1206026

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Attendant Console

If a user logs in to or logs out of the Cisco Unified IP Phone by using Cisco Extension Mobility while logged in to Cisco Unified Communications Manager Attendant Console, the Cisco Unified IP Phone resets, and the call-control status of the attendant console goes down. Cisco Unified Communications Manager Attendant Console displays a message that indicates that the attendant needs to log out and log back in if the directory numbers of the phone have changed. The user must log out of the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Attendant Console. When logging back into the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Attendant Console, the attendant must specify the current directory number of the phone in the Directory Number of Your Phone field of the Settings dialog box.

For more information on entering a directory number in the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Attendant Console, refer to the "Configuring Cisco Unified Communications Manager Attendant Console Settings" section.

Hi, I went through the document and it is talking about the Attendant console and not assistant console. the attendant console is working fine with extension mobility. the Assistant Console can't work with extension mobility. any idea?

oops - your right

In all the restrictions and interactions for both features they mention that the manager  can have EM but nothing about the assistant, which implies but does not state that it is not supported.  But if it doesn't work that pretty much sums it up.

I defer to Cisco on this one.

Sorry,

Art

Thanks a lot. I think also that EM might not be supported for the assistant.

Do you have any idea how can I troubleshoot the filtering on assistant console? I can't get the filtering work. whether I enable filtering or not makes no difference. I tried both inclusive and exclusive filtering and added the numbers I want to filter but nothing seems to be working.

Otherwise the call interception works perfect.

the divert all button also doesn't make any difference. whether I tick or untick it.

I've never worked with filters myself before, but from the documentation it appears they are activated from the Managers phone -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucma/7_1_2/english/user/guide/ipma_config.html#wp1021668

Managers—You can activate your filter lists from your phone. Open the Manager Assistant menu on your phone. Press 1 to toggle the Filter feature on and off. Press 2 to toggle between Inclusive and Exclusive filter modes.

HTH,

Art

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: