cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO IPCC EXPRESS - E-MAIL SUBSYSTEM PROVISION

alicia.vega
Level 1
Level 1

We have read that, to provision the e-mail subsystem in a Cisco IPCC Express environment, we have to complete the following steps.

1. From the Cisco Unified CCX Administration menu bar, choose Subsystems > eMail. The eMail Configuration web page opens.

2. Use this web page to specify the following fields:

- Mail Server: A fully-qualified e-mail server name.
- eMail Address: An existing fully qualified e-mail address for the administrative account.

What kind of permissions need the administrative account? Exhange Administratior permissions? Because the customer don't like the idea of giving us a user with the possibility of controlling all the e-mail of his firm.

Do we really need it???? Thank you very much.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

All you need to do is configure the email server to allow relay from the CCX server IP address. It does not perform authenticated SMTP so whatever value you enter there is the address it will put in the FROM field.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

All you need to do is configure the email server to allow relay from the CCX server IP address. It does not perform authenticated SMTP so whatever value you enter there is the address it will put in the FROM field.

Jon, is it not true that in Exchange 2003 the relay would work with all default settings, but in Exchange 2007 it would fail unless explicitly allowed?

I have had success with enabling this relay in Exchange 2007, but because I am not an Exchange Admin, I could not say it's been implemented in the best and most secure way possible.

Any tips on configuring Exchange 2007?

I typically tell the customer's Exchange team that I need them to accept unauthenticated SMTP transport from the CCX server IP address(es). I believe [read: haven't had to do it myself in a while] there are settings in Exchange 2003 on the virtual SMTP server where it will accept unathenticated mail for it's own domain from. Exchange 2007/2010 is a different animal that I haven't had to do first-hand yet. I have been lazy and just have an Exchange resource call the customer and talk them through it.

Hi Jonathan,

How to configure the email server to allow relay from the CCX server IP address?

Thanks,

How Yee

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: