Views
Helpful
Replies

RME 4.3.1 - No inventory collection of some 65xx devices

alfred.brunner
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

my problem is, that LMS3.2 with RME 4.3.1 does not make an inventory of some 65xx devices. What I've tried so far to correct this problem:

# read the other incidents regarding this problem

# increased the RME device attribute "SNMP timeout" from 2s to 10s -> no success

# increased SNMP timeout for one device (192.168.90.7) from 10 to 20s and the retries from 2 to 3 -> no success

What I've observed:

# no credential problem (I can backup the configs)

# no SNMP problem (I can snmpwalk through the device)

# Inventory collection takes always only app. 10s until the above error unless I've increased SNMP timeout and retries

# IC_Server.log generates always following error:

[ Tue Dec 15  12:22:59 CET 2009 ],ERROR,[Thread-21],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.ics.core.CollectionController,729,Exception for device 192.168.90.7 is
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor12.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.ics.core.CollectionController.run(CollectionController.java:719)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
Caused by: java.lang.NumberFormatException: EPLOYMENT RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
TAC Support:
http://www.cisco.com/tac

Seems if RME has a problem with this special IOS version.

Enclosed you will find the complete IC_Server.log and the screenshot from the inventory collection of 192.168.90.7.

Thank you in advance for help.

Kind regards

Alfred Brunner

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is CSCtb16925.  A patch is available from TAC to correct the problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: