Views
Helpful
Replies

IP SLA Not Enabled

lambay2000
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

On all of the devices except 2 IP SLA is not enabled in IPM ,when the devices are pulled from DCR the IP SLA is enabled atomatically if am not wrong?? correct me if am wrong.

How can i enable IP SLA??

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No.  You need at least a  Cat 3 series to support IP SLA.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Make sure you have a valid SNMP read-write community or SNMPv3 credentials with read-write access in DCR.  What version of code and feature set are these two devices running?

Hi, clarke,

I have edited the SNMP write community string now only 1 switch is not enabled,when i click on number 1 it takes me to new page of devices where i can't understand which is the one not enabled,How can i see that??

And what will the possible reason for the 1 switch which is not enabled.

The version code for those 2 switches is Cisco IOS Software, s72033_rp Software (s72033_rp-ADVIPSERVICESK9_WAN-M), Version 12.2(33)SXH1 and

Cisco IOS Software, s72033_rp Software (s72033_rp-ADVIPSERVICESK9_WAN-M),Version 12.2(33)SXH.They both are with same hardware 6509-NEB-A

with SUP 720.

Thanks

What page does it take you to?  You can try deleting both switches from IPM, then resync them to see if they come back as enabled.  Provided the SNMP community strings are correct, there is nothing else you would need to do to enable IP SLA on these devices.

Hi clarke ,

Only 1 switch left to be enabled,how can i find which it is????.so that i can delete from IPM and re sync it.attaching the print screen.

You can go to IPM > Collector Mgmt > Collectors, and create a new Collector.  The source pane will list only the devices which have IP SLA enabled.

Hi Clarke,

While deleting the devices from the devices TAB am receiving an error no adhoc device selected.I have use the alternate way.

I disable the tick from Enable Auto mode in AUTO ALLOCATION SETTINGS,and then i deleted the device successfully, After deletion i enabled the auto mode ,the device still appear as IP SLA not enabled.

It is 2960 switch it is giving too much problem also for my previous thread in archive mgmt this the only device whcih is failing,Is it there is no proper support for this model.

Thanks

No.  You need at least a  Cat 3 series to support IP SLA.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: