cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME: CUE shared voicemail box help

rossporubski
Level 4
Level 4

It's been requested to add an executive's line to his admins phone. However the executive wants to make sure his admin see's his phantom line ringing if he's on a call

in progress on his mainline.

So I created a second line and Call forward Busy & Call Forward No Answer to the second line. I added the second line appearance to the admin phone. Then I have the second line Call forward busy and Call Forward No Answer to voicemail

Everything works great in testing except when the second line goes to voicemail. I thought the call would go to the mailbox of the executive since the call was generated originally on his mainline then rolled over to the second. Instead I get a prompt there is no mailbox on the line since the second line doesn't have voicemail. It's just a dummy line.

How can I make that call end up back in his voicemail? Is it possible?

Thank you

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ross,

This is most possible

You can check this config for your CUE setup. This is likely what is causing this issue;

**Mailbox selection (OCN or LRD)

This configurable option specifies the mailbox to be used in case of call forward.

Mailbox selection: Mailbox in which an incoming voice message is stored. The options are original called number (OCN) or the last redirected number (LRD). LRD is the default option:) So, just change your setup to use OCN.

Check out Page 88 of this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel2_3/cliadmin/cuecli23.pdf

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

Avtually I would do as Rob suggested - put it in CUE

In config mode input:

voicemail mailbox-selection original-called

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ross,

This is most possible

You can check this config for your CUE setup. This is likely what is causing this issue;

**Mailbox selection (OCN or LRD)

This configurable option specifies the mailbox to be used in case of call forward.

Mailbox selection: Mailbox in which an incoming voice message is stored. The options are original called number (OCN) or the last redirected number (LRD). LRD is the default option:) So, just change your setup to use OCN.

Check out Page 88 of this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel2_3/cliadmin/cuecli23.pdf

Hope this helps!

Rob

Fantastic.

Thank you for the response. What specific part of the .pdf should I be referenceing? Thank you

Hey Ross,

Good stuff my friend! You are most welcome

Check out Page 88 of that good doc;

Cheers!

Rob

Your assistance is most appreciated. I will try this and report back.

Thank you

Hi Rob,

I'm in the CUE config on this facility's router and I don't see anywhere a reference for **Mailbox selection (OCN or LRD)

Thank you

Hi,

It goes on the dial-peer in CME since that is the device that actually builds the incoming call

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/command/reference/cme_m1ht.html#wp1028890

mailbox-selection (dial-peer)

To set a policy for selecting a mailbox for calls from a Cisco Unified CME system that are diverted before being sent to a Cisco Unity Express or PBX voice-mail pilot number, use the mailbox-selection command in dial-peer configuration mode. To return to the default, use the no form of this command.

mailbox-selection {last-redirect-num | orig-called-num}

no mailbox-selection

Syntax Description

last-redirect-num

(PBX voice mail only) The mailbox to which the call will be sent is the number that diverted the call to the voice-mail pilot number (the last number to divert the call).

orig-called-num

(Cisco Unity Express only) The mailbox to which the call will be sent is the number that was originally dialed before the call was diverted.

HTH,

Art

Per the link that Rob sent earlier it can alos be configured on CUE:

UC500-CUE(config)# voicemail mailbox?
mailbox mailbox-selection
UC500-CUE(config)# voicemail mailbox-selection ?
  last-redirect Last Redirect Number
  original-called Original Called Number
UC500-CUE(config)# voicemail mailbox-selection

I guess I should've mentioned we're using extension mobility one the CME.

This is what our subscriber profiles appear as

ephone-dn  3  dual-line
number 463803
label John Doe - 463803
description (555) 555-5555
name John Doe
call-forward busy 463939
call-forward noan 463939 timeout 10
hold-alert 30 originator

Do I just add the last number redirect into this?

Avtually I would do as Rob suggested - put it in CUE

In config mode input:

voicemail mailbox-selection original-called

The

Defaults > Voice Mail GUI option also configures mailbox selection (see the second to the last setting on the page)

All set. added the reference in CUE. Tested and functioning properly.

Thank you all

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: