cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multi Service port report

nawas
Level 4
Level 4

I'm trying to run multi service port report for Cisco 7606 runing 122-33.SRCR1 image and I get the following error:

INVREP0060: None of the selected device(s) are multi-service port capable. Select multi-service port supported devices to generate the report.

I belive 7600 are pretty much like Cisco 6500s but why 6500 is supported and Cisco 7600s are not? I wan tto run power supply report, is there anyway that I can run power supply report?

idea?

9 Replies 9

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

RME currently has a hard-coded list of chassis types which are multi-service capable.  There are 7600 types there:

cisco7606

c7609

cevChassisCisco7606

c7603

cevChassisCisco7609

What chassis type is your router?

Here is the snmpwalk output
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SysObjectId

RFC1213-MIB::sysObjectID.0 = OID: CISCO-PRODUCTS-MIB::cisco7606s

I have the following sup module

Route Switch Processor 720 (Active)    RSP720-3C-GE

This isn't the chassis type, but probably shows the issue.  The chassis type can be obtained by walking the entPhysicalTable from the ENTITY-MIB.  The entPhysicalVendorType for the chassis element will indicate the actual chassis type.  My guess is that it's an 'S' specific chassis.

Yes it is not S type chassis. So do you know WHEN it will be supported? It's strange that S type is the newer chassis and it is supported but the non-S type is not.

ENTITY-MIB::entPhysicalDescr.1 = STRING: Cisco Systems Cisco 7600 6-slot Chassis System
ENTITY-MIB::entPhysicalDescr.2 = STRING: Cisco Systems Cisco 7600 6-slot Physical Slot
ENTITY-MIB::entPhysicalDescr.3 = STRING: Cisco Systems Cisco 7600 6-slot Physical Slot
ENTITY-MIB::entPhysicalDescr.4 = STRING: Cisco Systems Cisco 7600 6-slot Physical Slot

This still doesn't show what I need to see.  You need to show the value of entPhysicalVendorType for the chassis entity.

Hi

I have attached the output of snmp walk, for some reason i couldn't run entPhysicalTable from the ENTITY-MIB, can I run it from the device center?

Yes, you can walk the table from Device Center.  You may need to use the OID .1.3.6.1.2.1.47.1.1.1.

HEre is the output from

As I suspected, the chassis type is unknown to RME.  You have a cevChassisCisco7606S which is not listed in the RME code.  The code would need to be enhanced to include the 7600 S chassis.  I recommend you open a TAC service request so that this issue can be documented.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco