cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multi Service port report

nawas
Level 4
Level 4

I'm trying to run multi service port report for Cisco 7606 runing 122-33.SRCR1 image and I get the following error:

INVREP0060: None of the selected device(s) are multi-service port capable. Select multi-service port supported devices to generate the report.

I belive 7600 are pretty much like Cisco 6500s but why 6500 is supported and Cisco 7600s are not? I wan tto run power supply report, is there anyway that I can run power supply report?

idea?

9 Replies 9

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

RME currently has a hard-coded list of chassis types which are multi-service capable.  There are 7600 types there:

cisco7606

c7609

cevChassisCisco7606

c7603

cevChassisCisco7609

What chassis type is your router?

Here is the snmpwalk output
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SysObjectId

RFC1213-MIB::sysObjectID.0 = OID: CISCO-PRODUCTS-MIB::cisco7606s

I have the following sup module

Route Switch Processor 720 (Active)    RSP720-3C-GE

This isn't the chassis type, but probably shows the issue.  The chassis type can be obtained by walking the entPhysicalTable from the ENTITY-MIB.  The entPhysicalVendorType for the chassis element will indicate the actual chassis type.  My guess is that it's an 'S' specific chassis.

Yes it is not S type chassis. So do you know WHEN it will be supported? It's strange that S type is the newer chassis and it is supported but the non-S type is not.

ENTITY-MIB::entPhysicalDescr.1 = STRING: Cisco Systems Cisco 7600 6-slot Chassis System
ENTITY-MIB::entPhysicalDescr.2 = STRING: Cisco Systems Cisco 7600 6-slot Physical Slot
ENTITY-MIB::entPhysicalDescr.3 = STRING: Cisco Systems Cisco 7600 6-slot Physical Slot
ENTITY-MIB::entPhysicalDescr.4 = STRING: Cisco Systems Cisco 7600 6-slot Physical Slot

This still doesn't show what I need to see.  You need to show the value of entPhysicalVendorType for the chassis entity.

Hi

I have attached the output of snmp walk, for some reason i couldn't run entPhysicalTable from the ENTITY-MIB, can I run it from the device center?

Yes, you can walk the table from Device Center.  You may need to use the OID .1.3.6.1.2.1.47.1.1.1.

HEre is the output from

As I suspected, the chassis type is unknown to RME.  You have a cevChassisCisco7606S which is not listed in the RME code.  The code would need to be enhanced to include the 7600 S chassis.  I recommend you open a TAC service request so that this issue can be documented.