Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WSA IMS not able to block

hi all,

we are facing lot of problem with S-650 is not able to block IMs properlly, even we enable the feature also, is it worth full devince, and cost is also very high, I think behind of this device CISCO got bad reputation why because support also very poor.

regds
rsreddy

1 Reply 1

jdohrman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with getting your S-Series to work in the way you envision. The S-Series is not designed to filter native IM traffic but handles IM over HTTP.
I'd recommend configuring the IM clients to use the proxy via HTTP (settings vary between different IM clients) and blocking the native IM traffic bypassing the proxy on the firewall.

Please work with support if you have questions about the configuration of your appliance or the IM clients.

We are proud of our support engineers and are striving to provide you with a best of the world support experience. If at any time you have concerns, feel free to let the support engineer know or ask for management attention. You can also provide feedback on a case once it has been resolved and I can assure you that we are highly appreciating your input and taking this very seriously.

Best Regards,
Jakob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: