cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing the error message for reaching unassigned DIDs

sienz.sienz
Level 1
Level 1

Everytime we call unassigned DIDs from external/internal phones we got the message " You called can not be completed as dial, Please console teh directory and call again or ask for the operator for assistance"

How can we change this greeting? I believe it is in/from the CUCM. (We have CUCM 6.1)

Also,

If I call from external phones, I will get this greeting twice and it will be transferred.  I do not know what the the transfer number?  How do i find out?

If I call from internal phones, I will get this greeting one time and then get a busy tone.

Thank you for help,

sienz

2 Replies 2

asandborgh
Level 4
Level 4

sienz,

I can't answer your question on what it is routing to now, but there is a simple way to take care of this if you are running Unity.  Set up a CTI RP/number in CCM so that it catches any un-assigned DN - if your range of DNs is 2000 - 2999 set the number to 2XXX or even XXXX and CFA to VM.  Also in CCM set up a voice mail profile for this CTI RP and mask the number to a specific number to send to Unity - perhaps 8888 (not in use elsewhere).  In unity set up a call handler with the extension of 8888, record your new message and then set the after greeting action to what you want it to do (hang up, transfer to the operator, etc.).

HTH,

Art

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

How can we change this greeting? I believe it is in/from the CUCM. (We have CUCM 6.1)

You cannot change this. This is the Annunciator service and the prompts for it are not accessible on the GNU/Linux appliances.

Generally you do not have a wildcard catch-all on internal phones. The user misdialed and this prompt is informing them of that.

For external calls arriving on a gateway or trunk this is typically address with a translation pattern in a partition at the end of the gateway/trunk CSS. The translation pattern transforms the called number to something that is in service like an auto attendant, contact center, or operator.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: