cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Auto dial a 9 from call history

dharig
Level 1
Level 1

How do I set up a UC520 to dial a 9 in front of calls placed from the recieved call history.  The calls come in as +1xxxxxxxxxx in mised and recieved yet when you press the number it does not automaticaly dial becouse there is no line selected

Thanks

Dave

9 Replies 9

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 // /9/

Thank you  but, I am way to new at this for the comonly understood syntax

When i enter

UC520#  voice translation-rule 1

i get a message  Invalid inout detected.   What is the exact command syntax?

Thanks

This 2 links will give you a full explanation and examples:

Number Translation using Voice Translation Profiles
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a00803f818a.shtml

Voice Translation Rules
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a0080325e8e.shtml

BTW, you need to be in config mode. Type "conf t" and then the commands

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Despite the examples,  I still don;t see an example to pefix all numbers dailed as  1 *** *** ****  with a 9   They are all translation rules to replace sequences of digits with other digits.

Check second message in this thread.

Please don't be offended by this but if you are the end user I would recommend you engage a reputable or certified cisco partner or cosnultant to achieve professional results without wasting time and collecting frustration.

No offence taken,  but this end User,  has,  (with the exception of 4 posts on the community forum here), set up a 44 user UC520 system across 11 sites for my business.  The quotes I got to do this exceeded 16K from "partners".  I have spent 4 days on this now in total.   That’s 4K a day!    show me another way to make 4k per day and I will gladly solicit the help of a "partner". 

Secondly,  I spent 31K on my cisco system.   That’s 31K of pure entrepreneurial capitol giving CCIE's like yourself both a paycheck and a reason to carry a title.   I think the 31K pumped into Cisco's wallet gives me the right to post a few questions on their web site, you?, of course we could double check with the Cisco stockholders!

Now,   if anyone would volunteer the command to prefix a 9 in front of 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx I would be grateful.

I understand and appreciate your effort, good luck in learning and making things work.

Personally I would have set up your system, shipshape down to the last bit, for $500 or so. And about the same for a yearly support contract with unlimited (within reason) remote support. May be I'm out of the market, or maybe I I'm just quick and willing to work.

Again, the answer to your question is in the second message in this thread.

Try 'rtfm'

Or read the replies posted already.

Or just re-think your attitude towards the people you are asking for help. We are all Cisco customers, who have invested our own time and money in learning the technologies and products and achieving whatever certification status we have, and who continue to volunteer our time to help others out through this forum. Trust me, your 31K goes nowhere near my pay packet.

I for one don't feel particularly inclined to help you out.

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

I am a do it your self kind of small business owner,  millions strong, if Cisco didn’t want

my kind as a customer than why would they create a SBCS product line and go after market share in  my segment.   I am

confident that cisco trained "partners" are a necessity at the upper product line levels, however, Cisco has specifically marketed me with the CCA non-CLI pitch and approved online retail-channels to buy their equipment.  If I delivered the level of service and support to my customers that I have seen from cisco I would not be able to afford their equipment (the irony).   That said, they do make a very cool system.

To add insult to injury, the $2600 Smartnet agreement I bought (in addition to the 31K in hardware) gets me to a low level  TAC rep at best that is no more trained than I.   The only resource I have are egger Cisco techs paid to monitor these forums - oh yeah - and a few belligerent - well-  well doers!  The two techs I have met here online are fantastic!!!!!!   Just hope to keep getting more of their ilk(paid by cisco) of course!

It's not so much the idea of it being 16K or 500 to set up the system.  Small business owners need autonomy over their business tools as to not be at the mercy of charging techs and unpredictable expenses (BIG PERIOD)

So,  

buler,  buler,  anyone know the command to prefix a 9 to all 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx outbound dialing.  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: