cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

mpls xconnect will not pass data after upgrade to ES+20s

fwalters
Level 1
Level 1

on our MPLS network, we are in the process up upgrading to ES+20 cards.  After putting the last batch in, we're finding that syntax has changed.

I have moved the config from the unsupported sub-ints to service instances, but it's still not passing traffic.

A mpls pseudo-wire ping works fine from both directions, but data won't transfer.

If I move the termination point back to an OSM or sip600+10x1ge card it also works fine.

basic design is

end station -> switch (vlan 104) -> trunk-> PE (7600) -> GSR -> PE(7600) -> trunk -> switch -> end station

new service config is:

interface GigabitEthernet1/2

no ip address

service instance 104 ethernet

encapsulation dot1q 104

xconnect 10.166.8.30 104 encapsulation mpls

!

end

far side is:

interface GigabitEthernet4/1.104

encapsulation dot1Q 104

xconnect 10.166.8.29 104 encapsulation mpls

end

I don't completely get the rewrite config option, is that what I'm missing here?  (both 7600s are on 12.2.33 SRD3 and the ps-wire ping works perfect)

Anyone have any thoughts?

-frank

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Laurent Aubert
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Frank,

As you felt it, ES-20 LC have a different implementation and so different behavior than the classical LC. Actually they are ethernet services oriented

Focussing on L2PVN, the classical LC will always pop up the outer tag (and PW will add another one with vc-type 4) but the EFP interface will do nothing by default. It means in your case you need to add the following command on the ES-20 LC interface:

rewrite ingress tag pop 1 sym

You may also find the following discussion interesting: https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/973210#973210

HTH

Laurent.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Laurent Aubert
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Frank,

As you felt it, ES-20 LC have a different implementation and so different behavior than the classical LC. Actually they are ethernet services oriented

Focussing on L2PVN, the classical LC will always pop up the outer tag (and PW will add another one with vc-type 4) but the EFP interface will do nothing by default. It means in your case you need to add the following command on the ES-20 LC interface:

rewrite ingress tag pop 1 sym

You may also find the following discussion interesting: https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/973210#973210

HTH

Laurent.

Laurent,

This makes total sense and works perfectly in the lab.  It's confounded our SE, NSA and Tac handler, your help is much appreciated!

-frank

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: