Views
Helpful
Replies

Deleting Partition/CSS in CCM 4.1.3

dtran
Level 6
Level 6

Hi all,

I am running a CCM cluster 4.1.3, I am trying to delete a partition and a CSS but for some reason I keep getting an error message saying "This partition cannot be deleted because it is used by 1 related resource(s) and 2 device(s)" Does anyone know if there is a way to find out what device(s) is using this partition ? I've looked all in CCMAdmin but unable to find anything.

Thanks in advance !!! I appreciate any inputs / suggestions !!!

Happy holidays !!!!

Danny

4 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you tried the dependency records??

Been a long time since i played around with a 4.X but if you go to the CSS page, find the one you want to delete, click on it, you should get a dependency records link around the top of the page.

If they're disabled the window will tell you how to enable them instead of getting the elements still associated to that CSS, enable and then try again.

Same process for partitions.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

I use/recommend the same one MK mentioned. freeFTPd

Small and really easy to configure, works like a charm

HTH

java

HTH

java

Yes, in CUCM 5.X and above all comes in one disc

It does the HW detection and installs Linux and CUCM or CUCMBE or CUC at the same time.

HTH

java

HTH

java

13 Replies 13

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you tried the dependency records??

Been a long time since i played around with a 4.X but if you go to the CSS page, find the one you want to delete, click on it, you should get a dependency records link around the top of the page.

If they're disabled the window will tell you how to enable them instead of getting the elements still associated to that CSS, enable and then try again.

Same process for partitions.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Hi Java,

Thanks Java !!! Partition and CSS are removed !!! I appreciate your help !!

Danny

Hi Java,

One quick question, hope you can help !!! I am also looking into upgrading my existing 4.1.3 cluster to 7.1.x and I understanding that you have to use SFTP to import the data from CCM 4.1.3 to UCM 7.1.x. Can you recommand an SFTP program that's commonly use out there for this purpose ?

Thank you very much !!!

Danny

I use freeftdp and works fine for me.

http://www.freesshd.com/?ctt=download

MK

I use/recommend the same one MK mentioned. freeFTPd

Small and really easy to configure, works like a charm

HTH

java

HTH

java

Hi Java/ MK !!! Thanks for the response !!! I appreciated very much !!!

I also have Unity 4.0.3 in my environment. Do I have to do anything in UCM 7.1.x as far configuration after I've migrated from 4.1.3 ? I understand that I need to upgrade the TSP on Unity to a compatible version that works with UCM 7.1.x.

Thanks all !!!

Danny

DMA should take care of all the process of migrating the whole config, if you don't change the IP and hostname no change in the network is required.

Honestly, i can't recall is DMA also automatically adds Unity as an application server.

In case it doesn't the procedure is rather simple

Application Server Configuration

Since CUCM only accepts connections from known servers you need to define them

HTH

java

HTH

java

Hi Java !!

I was under the assumption that DMA will migrate all configuration data over to the new CUCM 7.1.x including configuration for Unity and I just need to update the TSP on Unity and that's all that's needed. But it sounds like there is an extra step that I need to do in CUCM 7.1.x for Unity, I will look into the link you sent.

Thank you very much !!! appreciate your help !!!

Danny

Last CCM 4.X i did an upgrade with DMA was on lab and had no VM so i can't recall if DMA added Unity automatically, it believe it should add it.

But it doesn't hurt to go to the page and make sure it's there.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Hi Java,

Another question, hope you can help !!! I just received the software upgrade kit for CUCM 7.1.x. Below is a list of what came with the software kit.

- System Installation DVD ( Cisco Unified Communication Manager 7.1.3a). This DVD includes CUCM BE 7.1.3a and Cisco Unity Connection 7.1.3a

- System Recovery CD (Cisco Unified Communication Manager Business Edition 7.1.3a)

- Cisco End User License and Warranty CD

- Cisco Unified Communication Manager Upgrade from 6.x to 7.1.3a DVD

- Cisco Unified Communication Manager Upgrade from 5.1.3x to 7.1.3a DVD

My question is. Do you run the installation from the System Installation DVD ? What I am really trying to find out is, do you run the hardware detection, the OS install and the application install from this one DVD ?

The reason I ask because with CUCM 4.x there is a separate CD for each process.

Thanks Java !!! very much appreciate your help !!!

Danny

Yes, in CUCM 5.X and above all comes in one disc

It does the HW detection and installs Linux and CUCM or CUCMBE or CUC at the same time.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thanks Java !!!

Can you tell me the difference between CUCM and CUCMBE ? I am running CCM 4.1.3 today.

thanks again !!!

Danny

Basically CUCM is the full blown CUCM, CUCMBE is CUCM and CUC in one box with some limitations on amount of users and others (one box, no subscribers, no redundancy, CUC doesn't have VPIM, you cannot integrate an other VM system, etc)

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Business Edition

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/cmbe.html

HTH

java

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: