cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA2102 Phantom call waiting tones

westpanet
Level 1
Level 1

I have two spa2102's connected to the fxo ports of a digium aa50 pbx.  This configuration is used for an office with 18 extensions.  I have a similar setup in my own office with a trixbox server, digium fxo card and 12 extensions.  All phones are grandstream bt200. 

In both cases I have completely disabled call waiting at the phone, on the pbx and in the 2102 yet I still get random call waiting tones.  Sometimes they happen when there is an incoming call on the same 2102, sometimes when there is an incoming call on the other.  Sometimes the tone happens when only 1 line is in use and no incoming call.  I am unable to reproduce these tones on demand.    Does anyone have any insight into solving this issue?  I have been in contact with the manufacturers of the phones, the pbx and linksys but have received no answer yet.

1 Reply 1

icastrov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

please make sure that you are using latest firmware available for the SPA2102 which is 5.2.10 where we fixed lot of this talk-off beeps. Also, please make sure that the DTMF TX method is set to strict!

Thanks!

-nacho

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: