Cisco 5502 Configuration Example

Unanswered Question
Dec 15th, 2009

I'm currently running a Cisco 5508 WLC.   I currenlty want to use two Gigabit ports for Wireless traffic and I will only have 25 1142 Attached to this WLC.   Reading the Cisco Wireless LAN Controller Configuration Guide, Release 6.0 it says :

5500 Series Controller Example

For a 5500 series controller, Cisco recommends having eight dynamic AP-manager interfaces and associating them to the controller's eight Gigabit ports. If you are using the management interface, which acts like an AP-manager interface by default, you need to create only 7 more dynamic AP-manager interfaces and associate them to the remaining seven Gigabit ports.

I was hoping to use LAG for these two ports and create a Port Channel on the switch for these ports.   From Cisco's recommendation it sounds like I have to turn off LAG and create a dynamic interface for the second port and put that Port in a different VLAN.  Can anyone please shed some light on this. Everything is working at the moment but I'm just curious why this recomendation.   Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics: Other Wireless Mobility

client could not be authenticated
Network Analysis Module (NAM) Products
Cisco 6500 nam
reason 440 driver failure
Cisco password cracker
Cisco Wireless mode