ASA with 2 DSL routers

Unanswered Question
Dec 16th, 2009

I have a ASA with two ISP (ADSL  and SHDSL) connections. I want to use ADSL for browsing and SHDSL for the services I provide to Internet (VPN, Web Server, Mail, ...). I have to define a default route next hop for browsing to the ADSL router, I define statics nat's for the servers, but, how can I set the servers next hop to the SHDSL? I think ASA don't allow define a source address for statics routes (so I can't set a route next hop for the IP address of the servers), and I think I can't define 2 default routes in diferent interfaces (so I can't put the SHDSL in a diferent interface and set a default route there for the servers)

Any help?

Thanks

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Panos Kampanakis Wed, 12/16/2009 - 10:37

Unfortunately, the ASA does not support policy based routing (route according to source), so what you are trying to do cannot be done on an ASA.

PK

jmprats Thu, 12/17/2009 - 01:41

OK, so I suppose I need a router between my ASA and the 2 ISP modems. This router will be the ASA default router and it will decide to which ISP it must send the traffic. But, how can I avoid double NAT? I'm doing NAT in the ASA (inside/outside) and NAT in the new router (from internals IP to public IP's of each ISP)

Thanks

Actions

This Discussion