cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA with 2 DSL routers

jmprats
Level 4
Level 4

I have a ASA with two ISP (ADSL  and SHDSL) connections. I want to use ADSL for browsing and SHDSL for the services I provide to Internet (VPN, Web Server, Mail, ...). I have to define a default route next hop for browsing to the ADSL router, I define statics nat's for the servers, but, how can I set the servers next hop to the SHDSL? I think ASA don't allow define a source address for statics routes (so I can't set a route next hop for the IP address of the servers), and I think I can't define 2 default routes in diferent interfaces (so I can't put the SHDSL in a diferent interface and set a default route there for the servers)

Any help?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Panos Kampanakis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately, the ASA does not support policy based routing (route according to source), so what you are trying to do cannot be done on an ASA.

PK

OK, so I suppose I need a router between my ASA and the 2 ISP modems. This router will be the ASA default router and it will decide to which ISP it must send the traffic. But, how can I avoid double NAT? I'm doing NAT in the ASA (inside/outside) and NAT in the new router (from internals IP to public IP's of each ISP)

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card