WCS 4.1 - change default backup directory

Answered Question
Dec 16th, 2009

Hi

Does anyone know how to change the directory that WCS uses for the scheduled backup. By default it uses the ftp location specified during install, but I need to change it to another disk partition and can't see how you change it. I can do so for manual backups using dbadmin, but need to change the location used by scheduled backup permananently

Using WCS 4.1 for windows

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Nael Mohammad about 6 years 12 months ago

Follow the steps below:

1. To begin, stop WCS.

2. To change the FTP server root directory, navigate to   x:\Program Files\WCS4.1.xx.0\webnms\ftp-server\conf and edit the first line of the ftpd.conf file to point to the desired location.

3. To change the TFTP server root directory, navigate to   x:\Program Files\WCS4.1.xx.0\webnms\classes\com\cisco\packaging and edit the line that starts "TftpRoot=" in the file PackagingResources.properties to point to the desired location.

4. After saving the changes to these two files, restart WCS

-nael

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Correct Answer
Nael Mohammad Wed, 12/16/2009 - 14:34

Follow the steps below:

1. To begin, stop WCS.

2. To change the FTP server root directory, navigate to   x:\Program Files\WCS4.1.xx.0\webnms\ftp-server\conf and edit the first line of the ftpd.conf file to point to the desired location.

3. To change the TFTP server root directory, navigate to   x:\Program Files\WCS4.1.xx.0\webnms\classes\com\cisco\packaging and edit the line that starts "TftpRoot=" in the file PackagingResources.properties to point to the desired location.

4. After saving the changes to these two files, restart WCS

-nael

djhurley Mon, 01/04/2010 - 03:02

Hi Nael

Thanks for the info, that has resolved the issue perfectly.

Regards

Dave

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content

Trending Topics - Security & Network