Views
Helpful
Replies

Ciscoworks 2000 -- dbbackup failed

secureIT
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Clarke,

I get failed while taking the ciscoworks 2000 database backup and attached is the logs im getting..

Could you please suggest me on this...

I tried to restart the services, tried to change the ani db password but that itself failed.

I found that ciscoworks 2000 ANI database engine was not started and when i tried to make it up,

i get "could not start the service on Local computer. The service did not return an error. This could be an internal windows error or an internal service error.

It the problem persists, contact your system administrator.

Appreciate an early response on this...

regards

~PR

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi PR,

The command will just restore the ANI database only to the last consistent transaction commit. It is not supposed to delete any data from DCR.

Regards,

Luis.

View solution in original post

Hi PR,

Glad you could fix the problem by reinitializing the ANI database. Now, you just need to run a new Discovery to acquire your devices in Campus again.

Make sure to specify the SNMP settings to use under Server Configuration >  Setup > ANI Setup > SNMP Settings and Server Configuration > Setup > ANI Setup > Discovery Settings.

Apply the settings to start a discovery and your devices should be rediscovered this way.

The link below shows how to setup these settings:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_campus_manager/3.3/user/guide/ani.html#wp1026367

Regards,

Luis

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

luijimen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Based on the error seen, it appears you need a transaction rollback on your database. The steps below would allow you to achieve this:

1) Login to the LMS server with Administrative rights

2) Stop the LMS services with "net stop crmdmgtd" command.

3) Go to c:\progra~1\CSCOpx\databases\ani

4) Remove/rename ani.log (if exists)

5) Run dbsrv7 -f c:\progra~1\CSCOpx\databases\ani\ani.db

6) Start the LMS Services with "net start crmdmgtd" command.

Hope this helps.

Luis.

Hi Luis,

thanks for the reply.....

will {{Run dbsrv7 -f c:\progra~1\CSCOpx\databases\ani\ani.db}} remove all the DCR from ciscoworks ?

Could you please let me know what the above script will do in ciscoworks actually...

~PR

Hi PR,

The command will just restore the ANI database only to the last consistent transaction commit. It is not supposed to delete any data from DCR.

Regards,

Luis.

Thanks a lot Luis,

Actually, when i did the script i get the attached error messages and could not thru...

Pls find the error message when i tried to rename or delete or move the ani.db file after stopping the cw services also...

~pr

hi  Luis,

i tried to copy & past the good backup of ani folder itself from my backup. Still the problem remains the same and in services.msc i found that aniserver status blank (not started and unable to start). In common services>>process status>> aniserver is "failed to run". Tried to start it manually but it again fails.. What could have gone wrong and how to fix it...pls help me as soon as possible..

~pr

Hi Luis,

The issue is resolved !!!

I reinitialized and restored the anidatabase using the below script.

NMSROOT/campus/bin/perl reinitdb.pl -restore

Can you tell me how do i acquire devices in here (after running the above script)

~pr

Hi PR,

Glad you could fix the problem by reinitializing the ANI database. Now, you just need to run a new Discovery to acquire your devices in Campus again.

Make sure to specify the SNMP settings to use under Server Configuration >  Setup > ANI Setup > SNMP Settings and Server Configuration > Setup > ANI Setup > Discovery Settings.

Apply the settings to start a discovery and your devices should be rediscovered this way.

The link below shows how to setup these settings:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_campus_manager/3.3/user/guide/ani.html#wp1026367

Regards,

Luis

Thanks Luis,

Anyway it workedout...thanks a lot..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: