Installing MeetingPlace Express 2.1 onto MCS-7825-H2-IPC1

Unanswered Question
Dec 16th, 2009
User Badges:

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

Hi,

I’ve installed MPX 2.1 onto the new server here, but it’s a IPC1 and not an RC1. Unfortunately IPC1 is not on the supported list - I know, just wanted to double check really!

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/meetingplace_express/2_1/b_rn21.html#wp70126

I’ve installed it successfully, but I can’t connect to it remotely. I get ping drops almost every other one, but not in a pattern. I can login and configure everything on the box itself.  MPX is in a DMZ, but I get the same issues plugging a laptop on the same network  -so i'm pretty certaint it's not a Firewall issue.

The connecting (3750G) switch is showing as auto neg on both ports, but one port is auto-1000 auto-full (RTMP) and the other is auto-100 auto-full (System). Both server ports are 10/100/1000 – as displayed in the BIOS, and on the cisco link for the MCS-7825-H2.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6790/ps5748/ps378/product_data_sheet0900aecd80456641.html

I can ping the RTMP port fine, but not the system port. I have tried changing ports switchports and the only time I got CRCs was when I hardcoded the duplex settings. The config install guide says it must be auto neg on gig switches. Our old MPX has auto-1000 on both ports.

Nothing in the BIOS to change the NIC settings – so I’m assuming BIOS lock? . Does anyone know the difference between an  IPC1 and an RC1? just looks like processor speed and core potentially to me... nothing to do with NICs

Any ideas appreciated

Thanks

Ben

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content