Views
Helpful
Replies

Callmanager x VoIP to branch

guilherme
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a Central Site with a Cisco Unified Communications Manager cluster set up and running with about 80-100 IP phones. There is a Voice Gateway in the Central Site which is connected to PSTN through an E1 line (see topology2.jpg). There is a Branch Office which is connected to the same MPLS cloud as the Central Site and traffic between them is working fine, we also got QoS configured for the WAN.

We need to place VoIP calls between the Central Site and this Branch Office, so in the CallManager I have created route patterns for the Branch extensions and also configured dial-peers on both the Central Site Voice Gateway and Branch Office MPLS gateway.

In calls made from the Central Site to Branch extensions, I get a message from the telco saying that "this number doesn't exist" so the call is being routed to the PSTN instead of the MPLS cloud (please check my confs attached). If I try to call from the Branch to any extension in the Central Site, I get a busy tone.

I'm pretty sure I'm missing something simple here so I wonder if anyone can give me a hint. I've attached the Branch MPLS gateway's dial-peers and also the Central Site Voice Gateway dial-peer confs, if you guys need any other information just let me know.

Thanks in advice!

Best regards,

Guilherme

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

asandborgh
Level 4
Level 4

Guilherme,

A couple things jump right out -

First there is no need for you to send the calls to the central gateway and then have it send them to the remote gateway.  Add the remote gateway to the CCM, set up a route group and route list for it and send the calls directly.  The way you have it now the central gateway would need to be a CUBE, and that is not really needed here at all.

Second, make sure you have an H323 bind command to the interface with IP address 192.168.1.254 on the remote gateway so that the correct address is presented incoming calls from the gateway - also change your remote dial-peers so they go directly to CCM

HTH,

Art

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

asandborgh
Level 4
Level 4

Guilherme,

A couple things jump right out -

First there is no need for you to send the calls to the central gateway and then have it send them to the remote gateway.  Add the remote gateway to the CCM, set up a route group and route list for it and send the calls directly.  The way you have it now the central gateway would need to be a CUBE, and that is not really needed here at all.

Second, make sure you have an H323 bind command to the interface with IP address 192.168.1.254 on the remote gateway so that the correct address is presented incoming calls from the gateway - also change your remote dial-peers so they go directly to CCM

HTH,

Art

Hi Art,

So basically I would configure the remote router as H.323 gateway and set up the CallManager and dial-peers for that... I will try that and let you know how it goes.

Thank you for your reply!

Best regards,

Guilherme

Hi Art,

I did as you said and it works fine, thank you!

I just wonder how many gateways will CCM support? I currently have only two gateways, the main voice gateway (to PSTN) and now this remote gateway but it will come up to about 50 sites with the same configuration. Does CCM has any restriction related to the amount of gateways ?

Best regards,

Guilherme

Guilherme

From the CCM 7.X SRND:

A cluster consisting of MCS 7845 servers can support a maximum of 2100 H.323 devices (gateways, trunks, and clients), digital MGCP devices, and SIP trunks. (See Unified CM Support for Gateways and Trunks.)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/callpros.html#wpmkr1043530

I don't know what you are running - the statement above is for a fully loaded cluster with the largest servers.   How many more GWs do you see in the future?  If it is not in the hundreds you will likely be OK.

Cheers!

Art

Sorry missed the 50!

Do you have a pub/sub or just BE?

Hi,

Yes I have a pub and sub. Both are MCS 7816.

I don't think it will ever get over a hundred gateways so I guess we'll be fine with those.

Thank you for your reply mate!

Best regards,

Guilherme

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: