Views
Helpful
Replies

blocage cisco 2950 g

matignonl
Level 1
Level 1

bonjour,

Suite à un problème rencontré sur un switch 2950G après une coupure électrique. Je n'ai plus accès en hyperterminal afin de le paramétré. J'ai le voyant "stat" vert fixe et le voyant "syst" en orange clignotant. Le bouton "mode" est inactif. Je voudrais savoir comment faire pour réinitialiser le switch car cela m'est impossible via un ordinateur.

Je n’ai aucun problème en faisant la même manipulation avec d’autres switchs.

Je vous remercie

Cordialement

hello,

Following a problem on a 2950G switch after a power supply. I no longer have access to the hyperterminal set. I am seeing "stat" and the solid green light "syst" in orange flashes. The button "mode is inactive. I want to know how to reset the switch because it is impossible via a computer.

I have no problem doing the same manipulation with other switches.

Thank you

8 Replies 8

sachinraja
Level 9
Level 9

have you connected the switch to RPS ?

with blinking orange - it means internal power supply is down, and redundancy is lost. the switch is operating with RPS.

Blinking green means that the RPS is providing power to another switch in the stack.. Are any of the other switches having power issues ?

Raj

merci pour votre réponse si rapide.

vous me dites que la connexion doit etre faite par le commutateur RPS, mais je ne sais pas ce que cela signifie.

merci de votre aide.

thank you for your reply so  fast.

you tell me that  the connection must be made by the switch RPS, but I do not know what that  means.

thank you for your  help.

RPS is Redundant Power Suppply.. It is used when you want to backup your internal power supply..

what exactly are the indicators ? green or orange ? and does it blink on "system" ?

Raj

bonjour,

les voyants sont dans les positions suivantes des la mise sous tension.

"syst" : orange clignotant
"stat" : vert fixe
"rps" : éteind
"util" : éteind
"duplx" : éteind
"spedd" : éteind
Le bouton " mode"  est inactif, aucune posibilité de changer l'état.
Je vous remercie de votre aide.

amicalement

laurent

hello,

lights are in the  following positions of power up.

"syst" : flashing orange
"stat": solid green
"rps" : shuts down
"util" : shuts down
"DUPLX" : shuts down
"speed" :shuts down
The button "mode" is  inactive, no posibility to change the state.
Thank you  for your help.

friendly

laurent

Hi laurent,

If the system LED is orange , it means that the switch is receiving power but is not functioning properly.... Is this switch under support ? you can RMA this device with Cisco.. you can probably try holding the "mode button" for sometime, till the LEDs start blinking and till the system LED goes green.. you do not see anything on the hyperterminal right ?

Hope this helps.. All the best..

Raj

bonjour,
j'ai exécuté votre manipulation mais malheureusement sans succés.
j'ai gardé le bonton " mode" enfoncée pendant au moins 5 minutes à la mise sous tension et aussi j'ai fait la même manipulation aprés la mise sous tension.

Les voyants restent toujours identiques. le voyant "syst" reste orange clignotant, et le voyant "stat" reste vert fixe. Même pendant la manipulation, les voyants n'ont pas bougés d'état.

Sur la droite du switch, j'ai les voyants des ports "giga" en verts fixe.

merci de votre patience ainsi que de votre aide pour arriver à débloquer le switch.

laurent

hello,
I performed your handling but unfortunately without success.
I kept the button labeled "Mode" button for at least 5 minutes to power up and also I made the same manipulation after switching on.

The lights are always identical. seeing "syst" is flashing orange, and seeing "stat" is solid green. Even when handling the LEDs do not shake state.

On the right of the switch, I have the lights ports "giga" in green sets.

thank you for your patience and your help to get to unlock the switch.

laurent

if your console still doesnt respond, it just might be a faulty hardware as told before.. Not really sure if your switch has support contracts ?

if so raise a tac case, and cisco will RMA your equipment..

Thanks

Raj

bonjour,

Je n'ai malheureusement pas de contrat de maintenanace sur les switchs.
Je vous remercie pour votre patience et je pense aussi que c'est un problème matériel.

Je vais contacter la société pour un devis.

Encore merci et je vous souhaite de bonne fête de fin d'année.

Laurent

hello,

Unfortunately I have no contract on maintenanace switches.
Thank you for your patience and I also think it's a hardware problem.

I will contact the company for a quote.

Again thank you and wish you happy birthday at the end of the year.

Lawrence

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: