Views
Helpful
Replies

QOS

shijuuu
Level 1
Level 1

frnzz,

I have a scenario which I need to implement on my remote office network plzz help on this.

I have a remote office connected to main office through L3 MPLS 2Mbps.(Due to the recent recession bandwidth up gradation is not approved

users from this remote office is accessing critical  application which is bandwidth consuming ..I need to dedicate some bandwidth for this application

suppose from 2mb 1 mb dedicated for this app and remaining for all other apps (whenevr its leaving the my switch

port prioroty should be given to critical app always)

Device i use is cisco 3750.

Honestly I am very bad in QOS and I tried up to my knowledge

I tried something like attached conf but not succeeded. In 3750 port is L3 which is connecting to the service provider(SP) and a default route pointing towards SP.

I have different vlans for the the users accessing this particular app and other apps ..

Please help let me know if there is anyway to give priority for thr critical app in case of congestion

PS: MY SP does not support any qos pacts from the customer.

3750 l3 port which is connecting to SP is 100mb I can not limit this to 2 mb as per the link speed

thankss

2 Replies 2

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

shijuuu@gmail.com

frnzz,

I have a scenario which I need to implement on my remote office network plzz help on this.

I have a remote office connected to main office through L3 MPLS 2Mbps.(Due to the recent recession bandwidth up gradation is not approved

users from this remote office is accessing critical  application which is bandwidth consuming ..I need to dedicate some bandwidth for this application

suppose from 2mb 1 mb dedicated for this app and remaining for all other apps (whenevr its leaving the my switch

port prioroty should be given to critical app always)

Device i use is cisco 3750.

Honestly I am very bad in QOS and I tried up to my knowledge

I tried something like attached conf but not succeeded. In 3750 port is L3 which is connecting to the service provider(SP) and a default route pointing towards SP.

I have different vlans for the the users accessing this particular app and other apps ..

Please help let me know if there is anyway to give priority for thr critical app in case of congestion

PS: MY SP does not support any qos pacts from the customer.

3750 l3 port which is connecting to SP is 100mb I can not limit this to 2 mb as per the link speed

thankss

When you say your SP does not support QOS pacts do you mean that they don't support it without paying extra or that they actually cannot offer QOS on their MPLS network. If the latter i suggest changing provider

The issue you face though is that it is unlikely to be a congestion issue on your 3750 so it doesn't really matter what QOS you apply there. The problem is you need to be able to have priority within the MPLS cloud for your critical application. There would be a cost entailed with this but if your provider really doesn't support QOS then you are not really going to be able to do much.

Jon

Thanks for ur reply,

Well infact initially even I thot of changing SP but unfortunately at this particular location services available from only this SP.

So that option is not there...Then my next try was to limit my switch interface(connecting to SP) bandwidth to 2mb and give priority or dedicate BW for the critical app. but on 3750 i can not limit it to 2mb (only 10 and 100 are available) so here also I failed.

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: