Views
Helpful
Replies

Emergency Responder 911 Server Failover options

yogesh.mhatre
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

We are in process of implementing ER 911 Server in our environment and we have tested all the configuration except one option i could not find failover. We have one ER Server and multiple sites 911 is processed by these server. I can add another server as a failover in the ER cluster but thats not the option at this time.

My question is

Is there any option/configuration that can be done to process 911 call via local voice gateways for each site, in case if the ER 911 server is down?

I know there is option of Call Forwarding, but that will help me in processing the 911 call through one location Voice Gateway or may be a main security number.

Help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

1 Reply 1

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, use "Local Route Groups" functionality for 911 Fail route, basically configure your 911 pattern that is in the CER fail partition to reference Route List that is using default Standard Local Route Group, ensure the route groups is defined in the phone's respective Device Pools. This is feature available on CUCM version 7+.

HTH,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: