cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WRV210 QuickVPN Connectivity Issues

ckerhin
Level 1
Level 1

We recently upgraded two of our executives to Windows 7 Professional on their laptops and ever since this upgrade they are unable to connect to the WRV210 through QuickVPN.  I've tried:

- Upgrading the routers firmware and reconfiguring.

- Blanking to default factory profile and reconfiguring.

- Installing various versions of the QuickVPN software.

- Running QuickVPN in XP SPK3 compatibility mode on the Windows 7 computers.

- Various VPN ports (60443 works on our XP Pro machines)

- Run "as Administrator" on the Windows 7 computers.

- Downgrading the firmware and reconfiguring.

- Reinstalling latest firware and reconfiguring.

Nothing will let these Windows 7 systems get past "Verifying Network" and then eventually we get the error that "the remote gateway is not responding, would you like to wait".

Please advise.

Regards,

Christian Kerhin

19 Replies 19

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

It's a known issue that QuickVPN Client (version 1.3.0.3) does not work on Windows 7.

Edit: QuickVPN Client 1.4.0.5 supports Windows 7.

ckerhin
Level 1
Level 1

Darn.  Do you know when a new release may be planned to accomodate the Win7 users?

Hi ckerhin,

From my personal perspective, this is a white hot issue floating around the community site, that has generated alot of angry and passion in some people, which i can appreciate.

Finally, this week, so I was told via email by the Small Business router  product manager, and I quote, developers " just release the code to us this week, it will be tested in January by QA, and will be release to public by February"

I just hope that it passes QA testing and any legal requirements by the end of January, we shall see.

I can only appologise for this delay and if anything changes, I will keep the community updated.

regards Dave Hornstein

SMB Channel Systems Engineer

Research Triangle Park, USA

Never mind working win Windows 7 ... This thing doesn’t even work properly with Vista????

Fist and last time we buy Cisco stuff! Cisco support is like Microsoft... ZERO!

The amount of time lost trying to make this work is larger then buying some other more expensive product from the competition...

If you compile what works in the WRV210, it's an overpriced product... 59$ D-link is about the equivalent!

VPN is NOT working with Vista...

I was impressed by the name Cisco. I was under impression I was getting a Ferrari, but I actually found out it was a Hugo in the box!

I can understand about Windows 7, it's new... but VISTA ??? Come on, WRV210 is a product that was not taken care of...

How can a company like Cisco let this happen?

Returning all 21 of them today!

Hi guys,

Check out this posting as well.  Well worth a look at using the native IPSec client in windows 7.  Just wish I had a powerful enough PC that would accept  windows 7 so i could validate the procedure in the posting below;

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/docs/DOC-13592#cf

The New Quick VPN  client version 1.4.0.5 has been posted to the Cisco Software  Center.
Support for Windows  Vista and Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit) is available in this  release.
Users can download  the new client software by creating a CCO  account on Cisco.com.
The Free and  Anonymous downloads will be available in the next few days.

it will not work with this version of quick vpn on win7. i tested it a few days ago. same error message as the first poster. sorry, but the router and/or vpn feature is never working. winxp, win7, win server 2k3. nothing. latest firmware 2.0.0.11 is installed. i tried everything. nothing.     

Since QuickVPN Client has never work with your WRV210, the new Win7 support will not help you accomplish this goal. You might want to contact SBSC for more help.

tekliu schrieb:

Since QuickVPN Client has never work with your WRV210, the new Win7 support will not help you accomplish this goal. You might want to contact SBSC for more help.

thats cool. or not. an how could i connet to my wrv210?

Link to the file... Even if you must be registered...

http://tinyurl.com/yjwyfmj

Richard Marier vp | Integra Controles inc

Technologue

( 514-727-8887 poste 101

2 Téléc./Fax : 514-727-8887

• rmarier@integracontroles.com

@Security Router

do you have a step by step instruction how to connect to my wrv210? what i have to configure on the router AND on the client?

If your WRV210 is still under warranty, when you call SBSC the support rep can try to QuickVPN into your WRV210 to see if your issue is more likely on the client side or router side.

thanks. the router is still under warranty. i am from austria. do you have a link oder another method for contaction the sbsc?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: