cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NetPro Maintenance Tonight 5-7 PST

Daniel Bruhn
Level 8
Level 8

We will be welcoming the Iron Port community to NetPro this evening.  In order to complete the migration NetPro will be down from 5-7 PST.

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan
6 Replies 6

marikakis
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Dan,

We are friendly people and will gladly welcome others here. However, it seems the IronPort community is a more private community than NetPro. Is that correct? If yes, my first impression is that this integration is not an ideal marriage from a tactics perspective. I think the Cisco Learning Network under Certifications would be a better marriage for example.

Kind Regards,

Maria

marikakis wrote:

Hi Dan,

We are friendly people and will gladly welcome others here. However, it seems the IronPort community is a more private community than NetPro. Is that correct? If yes, my first impression is that this integration is not an ideal marriage from a tactics perspective. I think the Cisco Learning Network under Certifications would be a better marriage for example.

Kind Regards,

Maria

Hi Maria,

Two good points.  The ironport community that joined us last night is in fact private.  Only their product subscribers can authenticate.  This is part of their service model when you purchase their product.  In the future, they also plan to become active on the public part of their space in the community.  This is a new opportunity for them and part of the reason they wanted to integrate with us.

As to the Learning Network.  We agree.  We're working closely with that team to get more integrated as we both progress.  We're now on the same platform and we're exploring ways to integrate.

Cheers,

Tim

Hi Tim,

Thanks a lot for your reply and for letting us know your future plans. I am well aware that private communities do exist and in many cases for good reasons. I guess IronPort deals a lot with security issues, so it's even more understandable for them to need to keep some privacy. I only wanted to say that it comes as a bit of a surprise while browsing NetPro to be suddenly presented with an additional login prompt. It's like being out with friends and two of them suddenly start whispering to each other. You can see that they are whispering, but can't hear what they are saying. In my opinion, it would be better if they logged in as everybody, and only them being able to see the additional IronPort community section, until they decide to start communicating in the public domain.

Kind Regards,

Maria

Jerry Ye
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Dan,

Netpro is pretty slow lately, any idea why?

Regards,

jerry

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Dan,

As Jerry, I feel the forum speed has deteriorated. This issue going to be addressed sometime in the future?

Thanks

Edison

ediortiz wrote:

Dan,

As Jerry, I feel the forum speed has deteriorated. This issue going to be addressed sometime in the future?

Thanks

Edison

Hi Guys,

We are aware of slowness and we have the support/IT guys working on it.  It seems to be somewhat inconsistent in its impact.  Like you guys, Dan and I take this very seriously and we will get the performance where it needs to be.  Appreciate your patience while we work through this.

Tim

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links