Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Versions

tom
Level 1
Level 1

Guys:

I just wanted to confirm that the latest version of the full Version of Cisco Unity is 7.0 with Microsoft Exchange 2003. Is this correct? No Linux at this point?

Thanks, Tom

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unity is for Exchange or Domino UM installs - yes, 7.x is the latest (8.x is in EFT now).

Unity Connection runs on Linux and is a VM only configuration (IMAP support is there of course but this is not UM).  Unity Connection's latest version is 7.1.

View solution in original post

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not sure what you mean by "big unity" here.  You may be thinking of Unity Express there which is a totally different product line.

No, Unity Connection does not conect to Domino.  Unity can use either Exchange or Domino as it's back end and runs on Windows.  Unity Connection has it's own mailstore and runs on Linux.

Unity Connection has several features Unity does not (full speech rec, more robust language support, more granular schedules, better auto attendant functionality etc...), Unity does unified message (i.e. you get your email and voice mail all stored in Exchange or Domino - no seperate stores) - Both scale pretty large (Unity goes somewhat bigger than Unity Connection at this point but Connection is not "lite" or "small" here by any stretch).

Here's a link with some breakdown details on Unity vs. Connection vs. Unity Express.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6789/ps5745/ps2237/product_data_sheet0900aecd806bfc37_ps6509_Products_Data_Sheet.html

Be aware that both Unity and Unity Connection have 8.0 versions in EFT currently and one of the features in both is a pumpued up digital networking capability between the two systems.

(yes - naming all 3 products "Unity" was perhaps not wise - but I'm just an engineer, I have no fancy marketing degree so I can't judge such things)

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unity is for Exchange or Domino UM installs - yes, 7.x is the latest (8.x is in EFT now).

Unity Connection runs on Linux and is a VM only configuration (IMAP support is there of course but this is not UM).  Unity Connection's latest version is 7.1.

The Unity Connection is not the Big Unity right?

Unity Connection is just to connect to a OCS Server or Domino Server right?

Thanks Tom

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not sure what you mean by "big unity" here.  You may be thinking of Unity Express there which is a totally different product line.

No, Unity Connection does not conect to Domino.  Unity can use either Exchange or Domino as it's back end and runs on Windows.  Unity Connection has it's own mailstore and runs on Linux.

Unity Connection has several features Unity does not (full speech rec, more robust language support, more granular schedules, better auto attendant functionality etc...), Unity does unified message (i.e. you get your email and voice mail all stored in Exchange or Domino - no seperate stores) - Both scale pretty large (Unity goes somewhat bigger than Unity Connection at this point but Connection is not "lite" or "small" here by any stretch).

Here's a link with some breakdown details on Unity vs. Connection vs. Unity Express.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6789/ps5745/ps2237/product_data_sheet0900aecd806bfc37_ps6509_Products_Data_Sheet.html

Be aware that both Unity and Unity Connection have 8.0 versions in EFT currently and one of the features in both is a pumpued up digital networking capability between the two systems.

(yes - naming all 3 products "Unity" was perhaps not wise - but I'm just an engineer, I have no fancy marketing degree so I can't judge such things)

Thank You... SIR....that helps..

I will read the link in detail...

Thanks Again Tom