cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

External busy trigger to reroute to another call?

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Im not sure if this is possible.

Customer wants to dial a 4 digit number, which then translates to 915551212.   Apparently this 915551212 number can get go to a busy no answer tone from time to time.  They want it to then roll to another number say 94085551212.

I tired to use a CTI fill in the destinations, it will not work. (not really whats its for anyways)

I dont think a fake phone will work either because the only way a busy trigger can happen is if the phone is actually set to 1 call, and is used, then goes to the next rule in the destination list.

Route Pattern, to Route List, Route Group is really only for if a gatway fails to go to the next list.

Any other alternatives to configure this?  Im out of possibilities other than maybe something with Unity like a supervised call, but not sure that will even work.

Cheers

1 Reply 1

asandborgh
Level 4
Level 4

Hi there,

If it is a PRI you might be able to do something like this:

go to service parameters and set both "stop routing on unallocated" and "'stop routing on busy" to false

Do a normal translation on the 4 digit to 915551212

build a second RG in you RL, include the same gateway and mask the called number on that RG with the second number (94085551212)

I can't guarantee anything but I don't see why it wouldn't work - on a PRI.  If it is an FXO the CCM has no way of knowing it is receiving busy.

HTH,

Art