Asterisk 1.6.1 SLA and SPA509G/504G

Unanswered Question
Dec 16th, 2009

I have been trying to replicate 'key system' functionality for a new system install.  I think I've gotten the Asterisk side of the configuration figured out but I'm having trouble with the phones.  I can get the phones to register but each line I register requires two buttons on the phone, one for the extension, and one for the 'line key'.  I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong here on the phone configuration.  If anyone has successfully gotten SLA working with Asterisk 1.6x and the SPA50X phones, your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
cityofwalsenburg Sun, 01/17/2010 - 21:55

Is there any update on this yet?  Is there any information I need to provide with this question?

Thank you for your time.

Michael Sheldon

Patrick Born Mon, 01/25/2010 - 16:39

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your patience. I'll put together a config and report back.

Patrick Born Tue, 01/26/2010 - 17:33

Hi Michael,

Question: Do you *really* want SLA? Where a trunk is shared by several phones?

Have you considered busy lamp field (BLF), parking lots, and transfer capabilities of Asterisk?

Can you describe, in detail what you're wanting to accomplish please?

Just checking before I spend time on this...

cityofwalsenburg Tue, 01/26/2010 - 18:35

Hopefully you'll receive the email I just sent.  If not, forget SLA.  After several weeks of doing without it the general consensus among all the users is that it's not as big an issue as they thought it was.  BLF, parking lots, and attendant consoles seem to be filling their needs just fine.

Michael Sheldon

Patrick Born Wed, 01/27/2010 - 06:58

You just made my day!  :-)  I'm glad that BLF and other features are being used instead of SLA.

Thanks so much for letting me know.

I did not receive an email from you... I've been through all my inbound folders and can't locate anything that appears to be from you.

ITSSHONGKONG Sat, 06/06/2015 - 03:35

Hi Patrick 

We ar looking at SCA is it possible with Asterisk ? or SPA9000 we have both system with mix of SPA942, SPA962, SPA504 and SPA525G2

cw00dward Fri, 02/24/2012 - 05:11

Long time reader, first time poster!  Patrick and Alberto, you guys rock!  I wanted to share something that I think is very exciting.  I believe I have come up with a work around to enable SLA for those who want to impliment it.  We would like to start rolling this out with our hosted Denver phone systems first to see if the PBX's remain stable and wanted to see what you all thought.  If all goes well, then we will start installing this on all of the systems we roll out.  Denver is our home, so we can always go onsite, and there is a lot more comfort with pushing new things out here first.  Anyways...

1. Create 'one-touch' park buttons using IPPhone Services to park and pick up the calls.  A string of 3 IPPhone execute xml services is what I used, where the 3rd command of the first 2 services calls the next xml script.  It's like a hand reaches down from the cloud and pushes the phone's button's itself.

2. Using Asterisk's hinting, create BLF's on the phones to monitor these "parking spaces."

3. Label these buttons as "lines." Line 1, Line 2, etc...

The customer would have no idea that these weren't really line buttons and viola!, SLA!

msheldon1127 Sat, 03/03/2012 - 19:04

This Discussion