Memory utilization in ASA 5520

Unanswered Question
Dec 16th, 2009

Hi All,

I have two Cisco ASA 5520 firewalls (Active/Standby) running with software version version and ASDM version 6.0(3).

I have encountered a problem while changing configuration using ASDM. The screenshot of the error has been attached.

So, I have issued some commands to see the memory utilization on firewalls. Outputs suggest that used memory is 99%. Finally took output of commands show run threat-detection, show run all threat-detection & show processes memory. All these commands outputs are also attached.

Is upgrade of memory the only solution in this situation or any other workaround possible (like clearing threat-detection)?

If all threat detections are cleared, will it affect normal working of firewall adversly?

Thanks & Regards,

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Parminder Sian Thu, 12/17/2009 - 01:30

Hi Bhushan,

The threat detection feature consists of different levels of statistics gathering for various threats, as well as scanning threat detection, which determines when a host is performing a scan. Turn off this feature to consume less memory.

I guess your best bet is to get more memory or turn off this feature.

NOTE:- Normal operation of firewall wont be hampered If you turn off this feature.

Hope this helps.

Parminder Sian

This Discussion