cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Forward to user voice mail from Line Group

dan hale
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all, I'm trying to figure out how I can forward to a users voice mail from a line group. Here is my situtaion. I have Two line groups lets call them line group A and Line group B. Both are in the same Hunt List. When a outside call comes in from our main call handler,  outside callers have a number options,  one is to press #2 that forwards to Line group "A". After about four rings if no one in line group "A" picks up the phone the call moves to Line group "B". After four rings it goes back to Line group "A". Then this repeats back to Line group "A" then to Line group "B".

I would like to the call to hit line group "A" then to Line group "B", then to a user voice mail. However, I'm having a hard time getting it to forward. Line Group A has a Hunt Pilot, Directory Number, a CTI route point and a call handler. Line Group B has a Directory Number and a CTI route point.

any suggestions are apperciated....

thanks,

Dan.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There are a few options:

1) On the Hunt Pilot, enter the voice mail pilot number in the destination, select a valid CSS that will route to voice mail, and add the Hunt Pilot number as an alternate extension for the Subscriber you want it to go to.

2) Check the "Use Personal Settings" option on the Hunt Pilot and configure the Forward No Coverage option on the member directory numbers.

Unless I'm missing something, you should not need the CTI Route Points for this.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There are a few options:

1) On the Hunt Pilot, enter the voice mail pilot number in the destination, select a valid CSS that will route to voice mail, and add the Hunt Pilot number as an alternate extension for the Subscriber you want it to go to.

2) Check the "Use Personal Settings" option on the Hunt Pilot and configure the Forward No Coverage option on the member directory numbers.

Unless I'm missing something, you should not need the CTI Route Points for this.

I'm not sure about # 2

The use personal settings and the CF no coverage are for a scenario when IP phone X has CFB or CFNA to a hunt pilot, then use personal settings kicks in with the no coverage DN.

Not exactly to be used for the line group members when they don't answer as CF behaviors are not observed in line groups

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I made a mistake Line group "B" does not have a CTI route point. So im not a hundred percent if I understand. Could I not just add the extension in the hunt pilot "forward hunt no answer" and forward hunt busy" or would that stop it from going to the second line group. I'm attatching a jpeg of what im talking about. And I'm not sure by what you mean when "add the Hunt Pilot number as an alternate extension for the Subscriber you want it to go to." Where would I add an alternate extension, such as on the phone?

Thanks for your guys help,

Dan

I made a mistake Line group "B" does not have a CTI route point. So im not a hundred percent if I understand. Could I not just add the extension in the hunt pilot "forward hunt no answer" and forward hunt busy" or would that stop it from going to the second line group. I'm attatching a jpeg of what im talking about. And I'm not sure by what you mean when "add the Hunt Pilot number as an alternate extension for the Subscriber you want it to go to." Where would I add an alternate extension, such as on the phone?

Thanks for your guys help,

Mike

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: