PIX 515 7.2(1) always reload

Answered Question
Dec 16th, 2009

Hi All,

I have a big problem, I hope you can help me here. Since yesterday, I found out that my Pix Firewall keeps reloading until now. Is there someone out there experience this thing? Please help!!

many thanks,

reymon

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by yamramos.tueme about 6 years 11 months ago

Hi Reymon!

Have you checked if the ASA is crashing?  You can check by using the "show crash" command and if it is it will give you a big output.  You can also try setting a syslog; perhaps this can help you to get more information on what is going on.

Cheers!

- Yamil

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
yamramos.tueme Thu, 12/17/2009 - 11:03

Hi Reymon!

Have you checked if the ASA is crashing?  You can check by using the "show crash" command and if it is it will give you a big output.  You can also try setting a syslog; perhaps this can help you to get more information on what is going on.

Cheers!

- Yamil

Mhon Baul Wed, 12/23/2009 - 21:49

Hi Yamil,

Thanks for your reply. I check the crash file and  send to a cisco partner and they told me that the IOS is hit by a bug. I upgrade the IOS to 7.2(3) and so far  its not reloading anymore.

Thanks,

reymon

vilaxmi Fri, 12/25/2009 - 23:24

Yes, they are right. Your OS on the firewall was definitely hit by a bug. I have seen such issues on a failover pair running 7.2.. version where active gets stuck in a reload cycle. I don't remember the exact bug ID on top of my mind, though I guess its a public bug which you can pretty much dig.:).

Cheers.

Vijaya

Actions

This Discussion