Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX 515 7.2(1) always reload

Mhon Baul
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a big problem, I hope you can help me here. Since yesterday, I found out that my Pix Firewall keeps reloading until now. Is there someone out there experience this thing? Please help!!

many thanks,

reymon

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

yamramos.tueme
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Reymon!

Have you checked if the ASA is crashing?  You can check by using the "show crash" command and if it is it will give you a big output.  You can also try setting a syslog; perhaps this can help you to get more information on what is going on.

Cheers!

- Yamil

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

yamramos.tueme
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Reymon!

Have you checked if the ASA is crashing?  You can check by using the "show crash" command and if it is it will give you a big output.  You can also try setting a syslog; perhaps this can help you to get more information on what is going on.

Cheers!

- Yamil

Hi Yamil,

Thanks for your reply. I check the crash file and  send to a cisco partner and they told me that the IOS is hit by a bug. I upgrade the IOS to 7.2(3) and so far  its not reloading anymore.

Thanks,

reymon

Yes, they are right. Your OS on the firewall was definitely hit by a bug. I have seen such issues on a failover pair running 7.2.. version where active gets stuck in a reload cycle. I don't remember the exact bug ID on top of my mind, though I guess its a public bug which you can pretty much dig.:).

Cheers.

Vijaya

Is this a failover unit? How often it reloads? Do you have a crash file or logs?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: