Views
Helpful
Replies

RME 4.0.6 Config archive problem

Latchum Naidu
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi All,

I have configured one of my ASA5520 in Ciscoworks but its not getting archive since starting onwords.

Please find the below error message in Failed devices under RME and give me the correct solution.

ASA PRIMARY RUNNING Dec 17 2009 00:04:41 CM0056 Config fetch failed for ASA Cause: CM0204 Could not create DeviceContext for 70 Cause: CM0206 Could not get the config transport implementation for 10.28.1.100 Cause: UNKNOWN Action: Check if required device packages are available in RME. Action: Check if protocol is supported by device and required device package is installed.

Regards,
Naidu.

22 Replies 22

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Make sure you have version 2.3 of the RME ASA package loaded.  If not, you can get all the updated packages under Common Services > Software Center > Device Update.  Be sure to download and install all of the available Common Services and RME packages.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As the ACTION is advising...

Did you check your device for reachability from your CiscoWorks using the configured RME transport protocol(s) (e.g., telnet, ssh, snmpV1, 2, 3, etc.) and credentials?

Do you have the package files for ASA installed in RME?

Hi,

Thank you very much for your valuable information.

How and from where I can check that version 2.3 of the RME ASA package loaded or not?

Could you please tell me what all of the available Common Services and RME packages can I download and how those will use?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Naidu.

You can see what versions of the various LMS components you are running by inspecting the "Software Center, Software Update" page on your LMS server. The overall product current version is 3.2. If fully updated, it would include Common Service 3.3.0 and RME 4.3.1, among others.

"Software Center, Device Update" shows your the various device packages associated with a given LMS component. Click on the "Device Type count" number to the right of, say, RME and it will list all the installed device packages and versions. If you have a fully updated installation, there will be quite a few (719 on my server). Click on the "Package Name" column header to sort by that field. That will help list ASA on the first of many pages. The current ASA package revision is 5.0.

You can also click on the RME link on the Device Update page to show the package level files as opposed to the devices within the various packages. Either way will show you your pacakge revision level.

If you don't have that revision level, go back to the Device Update page and click the radio button next to RME and then "Check for Updates". the subsequent page should present you the option of downloading the ASA and other package updates.

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

I checked for the updated packages from cisco.cm, its asking CCO login credentials as of now I don't have with me.

Once I received the CCO credentials i will go a head with downloads.

I think it is the only way we can download the updated packages?

Regards,

Naidu.

Yes, package updates are only available from Cisco.com.

Hi Joe,

Hope you are doing well...

Finally I got the CCO login credentials and tried to download the ASA package from cisco.com, but its giving me the below error. Please find the attache doc. for detailed error description.

"Error while downloading package information from CCO for the selected products. See the log file for details."

Regards,

Naidu.

Post the psu.log.

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your reponse.

Could you please guide me from where I can get the psu.log?

Regards,

Naidu.

NMSROOT\log

Hi Joe,

I am sorry, I could not get the NMSROOT\log

Will it be in the LMS Server path like C:\Windows\Ciscoworks.... like that or it is in CiscoWorks web page?

Could you please give me the exact path where I can find the log file.

Thanks & Regards,

Naidu.

NMSROOT is the path into which LMS was installed (e.g. C:\progra~1\cscopx).  Within the log subdirectory will be a psu.log file.

Hi Joe,

Thank you very much.

Please find the attached psu.log file

Thanks & Regards,

Naidu.

It appears your Cisco.com credentials are wrong.  Can you login, and get to http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cw2000-rme ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: