Views
Helpful
Replies

WRVS4400N-EU router and VPN connection from x64 system

wincek1982
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would like to buy a WRVS4400N-EU router for my small business, all PC's and laptop's i my company have Windows 7 x64, my question is:

1. Does QuickVPN works on Windows 7 x64 ?

2. Does WRVS4400N-EU router support Cisco Anyconnect VPN Client ?

3. Is there any other application with support connect to this router from x64 systems ?

4. Does VPN connection between this router and client PC requires a dedicated VPN Client Application to connect or mayby just standard windows wizzard.

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

twistedpixel
Level 1
Level 1

As for your first question, I am currently testing QuickVPN on Win7 x64 and it does not appear to work.  Error says,"QuickVPN client requires Windows 2000 or XP".  Would love to know if anyone knows of a way to make this work.  I haven't gotten as far as shimming yet.. .maybe this is just an OS version check error and can be side-stepped?

Dear Sean,

Did You try run QuickVPN from Windows 7 XP Mode (Virtualization not XP compatybility) ?

Which version of firmware are You use ?

I found another application which suport VPN tunnel, try: http://www.scribd.com/doc/5089081/Linksys-WRVS4400N-GreenBow-IPsec-VPN-Configuration

can You test it?

Thanks

Bad news. I just bought this router (4400N) at a retail store for $239.00 with a ship date of 12/2009

and the QuickVpn client will NOT work with Windows 7. Furthermore, I do not see any

signs of Cisco fixing this.

Cisco has spent more time enabling a social networking community than to make this product work or any kind of work around.

I would be happy if I could use the pptp and the MS Clients. There is no pptp option in the 4400N. All I can do is port forward to my MS server. This does work, but then I cant vpn out....

Unfortunately, I will have to return this router for a "STORE CREDIT" . This product should be removed from the shelves and recalled until the client works with Vista and Windows 7 in any way or fashion.

Thanks Cisco.

Yes, I did install the 1.3 version and I even tried it in compatibility mode for XP.

Sorry please read 2 post above.