cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

modem issue in 3660

Shen Gjeli
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys, i have an cisco3660 router with 30 port digital modem (NM-30DM=) and 1 pri line from telecom, this is used for POS devices to dial-up on it. There is an autocommand on lines to connect POS's tho the proccesing server, but now our institution has purchased new POS devices which will connect to another server. Initialy whe have divided our pri line to 2 numbers with 15 channels, but the problem is when the call is comming it is forwarded on differnent modem lines, how can i setup that if call is comming on common number 111-111 it forwards the data on the modem lines from 0-14 edhe when the call is comming on the second number 222-222 it forwards the data to modem lines from 15-29. I hope i was clear.

Thnx in advance 

2 Replies 2

Hi Shen,

Try modem pooling

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk801/tk36/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080094898.shtml

In your case the configuration should look something like this

modem-pool pool1 
 pool-range 0-14 
 called-number  111111 max-conn 15 
modem-pool pool2
 pool-range 15-29 
 called-number 222222 max-conn 15 

Check your modem's data sheet to see if it does support modem pooling, but going from the minimum IOS required, the modems should work.

Hope this helps

Hi Ronit,

Modem poolling feature is not applicable on cisco 3600 series routers. I have to find another solution. Thanks for your reply it was really helpfull, to find a starting point, we should upgrade our router to addopt to this solution.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: