Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ENergyWise

sdurn
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I want to configure Cisco EnergyWise on my network. I have PCs, IP phones and Cisco APs. I get tested and managing the APs and IP phones because are PoE devices, but not the PCs, I've read that requires additional software that will be available later this year 2009, this software would be sufficient to get the port to which is connected a PC is put shutdown? anyone know if this software is available?

Thanks y advance.

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CiscoWorks LMS now has support for provisioning and monitor EngergyWise.  You will need LMS 3.2 with the EnergyWise patches for Resource Manager Essentials and the Health and Utilization Monitor.  You can download a 90-day eval of LMS 3.2 from http://www.cisco.com/go/lms/ .  Once installed, go to Common Services > Software Center > Software Update to download the HUM 1.2.1 and RME 4.3.1 updates.

thanks for the reply, but I don't have LMS ...
in the tests I made I could lower the power of the APs and IP phones but have not succeeded in controlling the energy of the laptops. I read that I have to install software on PCs (Tivoli?) is that right? is this software available?

thanks.

The link I provided will give you a 90-day free, fully-functioning copy of LMS to evaluate.  I do not know of any currently available end point software that makes use of the EnergyWise SDK which would allow such end points to participate in an EW domain.  However, we do have a partnership with IBM for managing EW with Tivoli.  The FAQ is available at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps10195/qa_c67-547552.html .

Errrr ... "controlling the energy of the laptops"???  EnergyWise can't do this. 

May work one day with PoE+ capable laptops...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: