cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Topology Services Java issue

David Niemann
Level 3
Level 3

Just upgraded from LMS3.1 to LMS3.2.  Having issue with java when launching Topology Services.  I have completely removed java and let it reinstall using the version that it required but still get the attached error message everytime I try to launch the app.  Topology services worked fine previously with LMS3.1 and the java I had installed.

24 Replies 24

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This was recently discussed on this forum.  The key is doing the installation of the plug-in as the local Administrator on the client.

Once the plug-in has been installed as Administrator, it should just work as any other account on the client.

As local administrator or as an account with local administrative privileges? My account falls in the latter category.

The local Administrator account.

That does not appear to be my issue as I just completely removed all java versions, rebooted, logged in as local administrator and installed Java 1.6.11.  I still get the same error.  "jacorb-sing-1-3.jar, avalon-framework-4.1.5-sign-1-3.jar, logkit-1.2-sign-1-3.jar install successfully.  Please launch Campus Applications again to work properly.  Click OK to exit from the plugin."

I get this same error everytime.  Could it be a browser security setting? I run IE8 (same as I was running with LMS3.1 which did not have this issue).

What are the contents of the endorsed subdirectory under (by default) C:\Progra~1\Java\jre6\lib?

C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\endorsed is empty

This is what I thought.  When you did the JPI installation as the local Administrator, did you download the NMSROOT/htdocs/plugin/jre-6u11-windows-i586-p_withjacorb.exe file from the server, then install it from the local EXE, or did you let the browser install it?

I installed it from a locally saved copy when I logged in as administrator.

Okay.  Try copying these three files from NMSROOT/campus/www/classpath on the server into that endorsed subdirectory.  Then restart your browser, and see if you can launch topology services.

avalon-framework-4.1.5-sign-1-3.jar

jacorb-sign-1-3.jar

logkit-1.2-sign-1-3.jar

That fixed it.  Thanks!

This did not work for me.  I am still getting the same message that it installed successfully and to restart the campus apps.  The 3 .jar files are in the 'endorsed' directory but still getting the same message

Try it again, after first clearing the cache ("Temporary Internet Files") from the Java control panel.

I cleared the cache from Java and it still did not work

Ok, I got it working server side, but I still get the same message on the client side.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco