cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VG224 and 3825 SRST failover

jsheppard
Level 1
Level 1

I have a site with a 3825VGW and a VG224. If site loses connectivity to CUCM, phones failover and register to 3825. Is it possible for the VG224 to also failover and register to the 3825 should CUCM fail?

Is this possible?

Where can I find a configuration document?

2 Replies 2

asandborgh
Level 4
Level 4

Hi there,

yes it is possible - from the VG224 data sheet:

High Availability: Customers will experience less voice downtime due to WAN link failure. Cisco VG 224, Cisco VG 204 and Cisco VG 202 have built-in Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP) failover to an H.323 connection to a Survivable Remote Site Telephony (SRST) router. This failover will maintain voice service for analog endpoints in the event of WAN link failure and lost connectivity to the Cisco Unified Communications Manager.

I think it would also work if the ports are SCCP - as long as they are in a device pool that has an SRST ref.

Here is the configuration guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/vg224/software/configuration/guide/scgappa.html

HTH,

Art

I could not get this to work with SRST only , Fail over to SRST and the handsets will re-register and work however the VG224 would not even if it is MGCP or SCCP. With info from my SI we had to use CME/SRST for it to do so which I tested both CME,SRST and just SRST and found only using CME,SRST would the failover kick in . I ve interested in your results