cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASDM Packet Capture Wizard not working when launched by CS Manager

dgrattan
Level 1
Level 1

ASDM 6.2(1) launched by Cisco Security Manager 3.3(1) against ASA 5520 running 8.0(5).  I can run the wizard and everything looks normal but the capture statements are not applied to the ASA.  We recently upgraded from ASDM 6.1(3), Cisco Security Manager 3.2(3) and ASA 8.0(4).  With the old software, the packet capture wizard applied the capture commands to the ASA and removed them when the wizard finished.  I could see the capture commands while the wizard was running when I typed SHOW RUN from the CLI of the ASA.  With the new software, everything looks ok (no error messages) but the capture always shows no data and SHOW RUN doesnt show the capture commands.

2 Replies 2

dgrattan
Level 1
Level 1

CORRECTION: SHOW CAPTURE does not show the capture commands.

I ran the wizard via ASDM and I manually cut & pasted the capture statements on to the ASA via the CLI after hitting Start in the wizard.  The wizard works from that point.  The Get Capture Buffer and the Save Capture files buttons work.  When I click Finish, the capture statements are actually removed.  The problem seems to only effect ASDM's ability to send the capture commands.  ASDM can still remove the capture commands.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card