Views
Helpful
Replies

Device discovery failed in ANM

aniortegr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've got the following error message when I want to import a 6506 in 12.2(33)SXI2 with an ACE module.

I've tried in ANM 2.2 and 3.0 = same problem.

Can someone help me ?

Device discovery failed: Exception occured for model:VlanModel
Exception occured for model:InterfaceModel
com.cisco.nm.dice.pkgs.features.interfaces.dm.L2Trunk cannot be cast to com.cisco.nm.dice.pkgs.features.interfaces.dm.RoutedPort
com.cisco.nm.dice.pkgs.features.interfaces.dm.L2Trunk cannot be cast to com.cisco.nm.dice.pkgs.features.interfaces.dm.RoutedPort
com.cisco.nm.dice.pkgs.features.interfaces.dm.L2Trunk cannot be cast to com.cisco.nm.dice.pkgs.features.interfaces.dm.RoutedPort.

Thanks,

Greg.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The other error is the following defect

CSCte08994   Unable to import IOS device with "type tunnel" interface configured.

Joel Lamousnery

Customer Support Engineer

Data Center - Application Networking Services

Joel Lamousnery CCIE R&S - 36768 Engineer, Customer Support Technical Services

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

sujathab
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Greg,

The error message you are seeing is likely triggered by some un-expected configuration on the cat6k.

It is likely your cat6k configuration has an interface defined as a switchport which has a subinterface  defined on it.
This is usually not allowed on most sup versions that we  have seen and hence is not modeled/ cannot be discovered in  ANM.

We have bug id CSCtd94658 opened for this issue.

You  could try to have your customer remove the subinterface indicated above and then  try the import into ANM.
Also,  they could maybe add back that interface if really required after the initial  import.
Since  Cat6k configs are not auto-sync'ed in ANM, they will be okay until they do a  manual sync.
This workaround in also documented in the release notes of CSCtd94658.

Thanks
Sujatha
========

Hi,

Thanks for the answer.

I found it with the help of the TAC.

Now it is corrected but I've got another issue.

Device discovery failed: Exception occured for model:VlanModel

Exception occured for model:InterfaceModel

java.lang.NullPointerException

java.lang.NullPointerException

java.lang.NullPointerException.

do you have any idea ?

Thanks.

The other error is the following defect

CSCte08994   Unable to import IOS device with "type tunnel" interface configured.

Joel Lamousnery

Customer Support Engineer

Data Center - Application Networking Services

Joel Lamousnery CCIE R&S - 36768 Engineer, Customer Support Technical Services