cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Receptionist only to dial PSTN operator

bmiller
Level 1
Level 1

We have CallManager 4.2(3) in a 4 server cluster on the same campus.

I want to allow users to be able to dial 0 to get the receptionist.

I also want the receptionist to be the only one to be able to dial the PSTN operator.

I believe this can be done, but I am not sure how to configure it.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No problem friend. I got what you want now.

Make the Partition and CSS configurations as I advised in earlier post. But instead of creating a route pattern for PSTN operator, do this:

1) Goto Call Routing > Translation Pattern > Create New >

Add number as 0 in partition ExternalPT and CSS ExternalCSS. Put the actual PSTN operator number in called number.

Make sure in the ExternalCSS the partitions are arranged as below:

1) ExternalPT

2) InternalPT

This will make the operator phone select the 0 translation pattern containing the PSTN operator first rather than just calling itself.

It will work.

Please rate posts.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Configure a translation pattern 0 and transform that into your recepcionist DN.

The line for the recepcionist should be the only one that can reach a route pattern 0 to dial outside.

It's all CSS and partitions.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

This did not help. All calls still go to the receptionist.

The receptionist can not contact the carrier "Operator"

Can you be more specific?

What is this PSTN Operator? Is this a particular PSTN number?

If your requirement is to have all users only to be able to dial operator and operator having access to only this PSTN Operator do as follows otherwise please elaborate.

1) Create a partition InternalPT for all IP Phones. Place all users and operator phones in this partition.

2) Next create a Calling Search Space. Name it InternalCSS. Assign this CSS to all users but not the operator.

3) Next create a partition ExternalPT for outside access.

4) Create a Calling Search Space called ExternalCSS and place this ExternalPT and InternalPT into it.

5) Assign this Calling Search Space to Operator

6) Create Translation patter 0 with InternalPT partition and CSS InternalCSS and called number as actual operator number.

7) Create a Route Pattern with the PSTN Operator number put it ExternalPT and choose correct gateway.

It will work.

Please rate posts.

When the users dial "0" I want them to go to the receptionist.

When the receptionist dials "0" I want the call to go to the Public Switched Telephone Network operator

That is as specific as I can get, sorry.

No problem friend. I got what you want now.

Make the Partition and CSS configurations as I advised in earlier post. But instead of creating a route pattern for PSTN operator, do this:

1) Goto Call Routing > Translation Pattern > Create New >

Add number as 0 in partition ExternalPT and CSS ExternalCSS. Put the actual PSTN operator number in called number.

Make sure in the ExternalCSS the partitions are arranged as below:

1) ExternalPT

2) InternalPT

This will make the operator phone select the 0 translation pattern containing the PSTN operator first rather than just calling itself.

It will work.

Please rate posts.

I will try this and then rate the posts for certain.

I have to do all my testing on off hours

Thank you for all your help.

B

I rate this one 5 out of 5 thank you very much

B

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: