Views
Helpful
Replies

Barge not working

gmauer
Level 1
Level 1

On CUCM 6.1 platform we have manager-agent relationships where

the manager has call appearances of their agent's lines. They wish to barge into the agent's cal

ls at times and listen in as the call progresses. We have the manager's and agent's phones both set up

with privacy off, builtin bridge on and single-button barge set to Barge on the manager's telephone set.  Yet, when the barge is attempted from the manager's phone on an active call on the agent's phone we receive a message on the phone display that reads "No conference bridge" and the barge fails.  Any ideas what is causing this?

7 Replies 7

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

When you say, "manager-agent" relationships, are you referring to contact center (UCCX) agents?  If so, there are several CUCM features that are not supported with UCCX including Barge and cBarge.

This is not a UCCX environment. Straight Call Manager 6.1.

OK, cool.  That eliminates that.  What model phones are you using?

We are using 7961s for the managers and 7941s for the agents.

Ok.  Phones supported, no issues there.  So with built-in bridge, you are actually using the DSP within the phone that you is being barged (the target).  In your scenario, this would be your agent.  My first questions then would be:

1) Has Barge ever worked?

2) Have you tested cBarge to see if it behaves as expected?

Barge issues typically boil down to configuration issues.  I tend to set things at the cluster level and avoid phone-level configuration issues (or potential thereof).  So, Enterprise level set Built-In Bridge to True and Privacy to Off.  I normally set the party entrance tone to True as well.  Then you just need to assign the Barge softkey to a template that is applied to the phones.  No phone-level configurations unless someone wants Privacy.  The message you are receiving basically means that there are no DSP resources available on the target phone to set up the conference call.  Your settings sound correct, but since it is being done at the phone-level I would at a minimum double check at least 2 test phones, verify configs, and reset the phones...then test the operation.

In 6.1, there is the possibility of a bug as well but I haven't looked at this specifically.

I'll see if I can think of some other possibilities as well.

Are both Phones using the same Codec?  Sounds like a Transcoder is trying be iniated, although none may be available

In regards to CODEC, Barge requires that the original call is G.711.  Otherwise, you'd need to use cBarge.

Now, there are some limitations with SRTP/encryption etc...but for now, I'm assuming you aren't doing any of that.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: