cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC 520 Technical Specs

clinicare-ca
Level 1
Level 1

I am unable to find any detailed technical specs on the UC520.

I am trying to find out if the UC520 is able to support the following:

1) HSRP

2) EIGRP

3) GRE/IPSEC VPN Tunnels

4) How many VLANs?

Can anyone point me to documentation that lists that it supports that or can anyone answer this?

4 Replies 4

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

HSRP is not supported on the UC520.  EIGRP is not supported, only static routing.  The UC520 can support 10 IPSEC tunnels.  I don't happen to recall the VLAN count.

The UC520 is a voice appliance with some routing capabilities geared toward small businesses.  If you are looking for something with more routing capabilities, I would recommend an 1841, or 1861.

Thanks for the quick reply! That answers my questions, we can't use the UC520 in this application.

ASA 5505 is down - Considering the UC520 as a temporary until 5505 arrives. Does it offer ANY firewall capabilities?

1) No.

2) No.

3) No to GRE, yes to IPsec. We support both Multisite connectivity using IPsec (multiple UC500's networked together across the WAN) and IPsec VPN termination.

4) Theoretically, you can configure new VLAN's on the UC500 from 2 to 1000 range.

More information about the above, on:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_configuration_assistant/version2_2/administration_guide/cca_22_sbcs_admin_guide.pdf

Thanks,

Marcos

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: