Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM with CME

alex goshtaei
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

there are CUCM with Unity connection in one side, and CME in other side.they are communcating by SIP trunk. I like to have reach users in CME, when caller hits to directory handler in Unity Connection. I've created contacts in Unity Connection with the same extension as user's in CME. But it seems it doesn't work. when I reach to directory handler in Unity Connection and dial the first name of contact, it doesn't recognize it.

any suggestion would be very appreciated.

thanks

Alex

2 Replies 2

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

You need to create voice mailbox for each user in order to use directory handlers. Here's a brief detail about how directory handler works:

Directory handlers provide directory assistance that callers can use to reach Cisco Unity Connection users with VOICE MAILBOX. When a caller searches for a user name or part of a name, a directory handler looks up the mailbox extension and routes the call to the appropriate user.

MK

thanks for the reply. so it's not possible to transfer the call to contact instead of subscriber in unity connection by dial by name?

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: