cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to use TCL scripts on a CME router with CUE?

alalli
Level 2
Level 2

Hi All,

I am wondering if it is possible to run TCL scripting on a Call Manager Expres router running Ciscu Unity Express or are you limited to the Cisco Unity Auto Attendant only?

I think that I read somewhere that you were limited to the AA if using Cisco Unity; but I can not remember where I saw this so I am hoping someone here will know.

thanks very much for any help.

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

The output of "show call application voice  | begin app_clid_authen_collect.tcl" command will display the TCL scripts and the configuration.

MK

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

The output of "show call application voice  | begin app_clid_authen_collect.tcl" command will display the TCL scripts and the configuration.

MK

HI MK,

Thanks very much for that.

I tried that command and it does show me the TCL used on the router.

I went back through my reading and have found the following in a Cisco Press book.

The title of the book is Cisco IP Communications Express and towards the end of chapter 9,  I found my answer.

A TCL-based AA andCisco UE should not be used at the same time on the same Cisco CME system.

If Cisco UE is present, use its AA facilities.

Use the TCL based AA features only when a pure router based solution is required and Cisco UE is not present.

regards

a

A TCL-based AA and Cisco UE should not be used at the same time on the same Cisco CME system.

That is incorrect. Here an example from Cisco in which both are used together to provide functionalty that one system alone does not support:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_configuration_example09186a0080566c4a.shtml

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: