cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to change AD of D EX route

Rupesh Kashyap
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have DDC-WAN-R1 and Core switch. I have few static routes on Core switch which I have redistributed into EIGRP. DDC-WAN-R1 and Core switch is on EIGRGP too. My target is to modify local EX EIGRP distance on DDC-WAN-R1 which is getting D EX 172.28.20.0/24 from Core.

But my distance on DDC-WAN-R1 is still showing 170. Please help, i have pasted the conf of DDC-WAN-R1 below.

DDC-WAN-R1#sh run | begin router eigrp
router eigrp 1
network 0.0.0.0
distance 199 100.100.100.1 0.0.0.0 1
no auto-summary
!

!
!
access-list 1 permit 172.28.20.0

4 Replies 4

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Rupesh,

be aware that EIGRP has its own distance EIGRP command

distance eigrp internal-distance external-distance

see

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/iproute/command/reference/irp_eig1.html#wp1011683

Hope to help

Giuseppe

HI,

I do not want to change AD of all external EIGRP. I want to change only for 172.28.20.0. Please help how I can do it.

you can NOT change AD of

external eigrp route for spicific network/subnet not like the internal route

the only way to change external eigrp route is using the command mentioned above by other post

which will change the AD of all eigrp external route

hop this help

if helpful Rate

I agree you can not change the AD of external route using the distance command with ACL. That only works for internal routes. I even tried to see if specifying everyone as a the soure with ACL would work but no luck.

What are you trying to accomplish with the change of AD? Maybe there is another way that could be done with higher metric or distribute lists?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: