cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Device synchronization in RME & CSM

hany_ibrahim
Level 1
Level 1

I installed CSM on a server machine & also installed RME , now  i add the security device in Common services > DCA , then i appears in RME , but when i open the CSM client , i don't see the added device , how can i sync the added device in the CSM client .

2 Replies 2

Panos Kampanakis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CSM needs to discover the devices to manage it.

Please add it as a network device in CSM.

I hope it helps.

PK

Mike Bailey
Level 1
Level 1

Unless I'm mistaken it would appear that although CSM is installed alongside CiscoWorks Common Services and RME they are not very well "linked" together.

You would expect that the devices/credentials within the CS/RME would automatically be imported into CSM and that any configurations/inventories discovered by RME would again be pulled into CSM, but from what I've seen they are detached.

Whilst CSM obviously uses some elements of CiscoWorks Common Services and RME to perform its functions there are many elements not used or duplicated in CSM and thus not integrated.

It would appear that despite all the devices/credentials being in Common Services and configurations/inventories in RME that you still have to manually add the devices to CSM, manually add device credentials to CSM and get CSM to discover the configurations.

I've posted my concerns/issues with this in the following thread:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/2012863#2012863

Hopefully someone who has been using CSM for much longer will respond and inform us of a feature to "properly" integrate all the functions!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card