Views
Helpful
Replies

VMail CSS/Partition

Wilson Samuel
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

It may be a simple question, however I thought its better to get it clarified by the experts anyways.

I'm stuck wondering, if the MWI Numbers are the only objects that must be in a Restricted Partition (i.e. the partition not in any of the CSS) and MWI numbers themseleves MUST be able to reach all other numbers i.e. the CSS of the MWI Numbers must contain the DNs' Partition?

How about the VMail Pilot and Hunt Pilot etc? Is there any document specifying the restrictions?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Sam Wilson

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Sam,

Excellent question

There are restrictions/recommendations for the proper CSS/Partition

configuration of VM Pilot/VM Ports/MWI Ports in this integration doc;

Setting Up a Cisco Unified Communications Manager 7.x SCCP Integration with Cisco Unity

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/integration/cucm_sccp/guide/cuintcucmskinny090.html#wp1174899

The docs for CUCM 4.x,5.x and 6.x are also on the same page.

Cheers!

Rob

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What you do with CSS/Partitions for users and applications - not just voicemail - relies on how you approach the dial plan design.  At NetCraftsmen, we use a multi-tenant dial plan where users can be tenants but applications are treated in this manner as well.  So, how I would do it may be different than how someone else would do it but ultimately, the goal is the same.  In the SMB market, many times dial plans are very basic and simplistic so VM configs are as baseline as they get.  Nonetheless, there is a guide to tell you what you need to do.  Go to this URL and choose the integration type (i.e., CUCM) and whether you want to use SCCP or SIP.  I still recommend SCCP but SIP is viable as well.  You just need to review what limitations are imposed (if any, I haven't looked at this recently) with a SIP integration.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_installation_and_configuration_guides_list.html

Hailey

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: