cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Office Manager - Connect to UC520 that is not your Default Gateway?

I currently have a UC520 attached to my network, not as my default gateway or router.  It's attached just as a network device which I set option 150 for using my router's DHCP scope.

My default gateway is a cisco 871, IP 192.168.5.1 - the UC520 CME IP is 192.168.5.7 and CUE is 192.168.5.9.  I can not get office manager to connect to 192.168.5.7 - it just keeps on trying to connect to my default gateway 192.168.5.1.

Has anyone tried connecting to a UC520 that is not their default gateway using Office Manager?

Thannks...

14 Replies 14

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

We know that this is a problem, but there is this workaround.  This will be fixed in the next version.

Right Click on My Computer -> Manage -> Services

Stop the Office Manager Video Panel Service

Next, edit the following file.

C:\Program Files\Cisco Small Business Office Manager\CiscoDeviceDisocvery.xml (this is the default installation location)

In the IpAddr field, put in the IP address of your CME.  Save the file.  Restart the Office Manager Video Panel Service.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Kevin,

That setting in the "Preferences" screen is currently a no-op, but we will fix it shortly.

Please let us know what you think about OM. Thanks for using our product.

Marcos

Thanks - I did edit the file before but I didn't restart that service, that did the trick.

I'm still unable to connect however.  Here is what the log says:

18:Dec:2009 15:13:43 -UC Comm| &R Timeout: Responding to IOS Login Prompt

18:Dec:2009 15:13:43 -UC Comm| &R Got CUE Init Error Config Event

The GUI itself just says Error Reading Phones and if I continue on all the menus say unable to communicate with the UC520.

Was this UC500 configured using CCA 2.2? Are you on version 8.0.0 of the sofwtare pack? Is CCA closed when you access using OM?

Those are mandatory prerequisites.

Thanks,

Marcos

No, Yes, Yes.  Let me whack the config and configure it with CCA 2.2.  Thanks.

supportbcs
Level 1
Level 1

Will Office Manager work with a system that is not configured with CCA 2.2?  We build a number of systems using CLI.

Thanks

John Platts
Level 4
Level 4

We actually have multisite customers that have more than one UC520 unit, and they need to be able to connect to manage other UC520 units through the Office Manager. I already have the VPNs configured in CLI, as they had UC520 units installed prior to any site-to-site VPN support in CCA.

eljakimit
Level 1
Level 1

The solution to manually edit the .xml file does seem to work for us.

But, the system says 'extension out of service' for all phones that are working, but that have an IP address on a different subnet from the actual UC520.

ie,

UC520 = 10.1.x.y and 192.168.75.9

SR520 = 192.168.75.1

Most phones are on 10.1.x.y, and show as working

Some phones (the 7921G wireless phones) are on 192.168.75.x

They do work without a hitch, but the office manager thinks they're out of service.

Yes, this is (for now) a known limitation. We plan to have full support of any phone registered to the UC500, irrespective of the VLAN, by FCS.

Thanks for your feedback.

Marcos

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Guys,

No matter what system i connect too or what i do i keep getting the same error message:

07:47:29 T[0x9F8] -nrm|  &Er TimerService::dispatchTimer: timer fired 53055 seconds late
12:Jan:2010 08:56:17 -UC Comm| &R Timeout: Responding to the CUE Pre Show Run Prompt

12:Jan:2010 08:56:17 -UC Comm| &R Got CUE Init Error Config Event

Any idea as to what needs to be done?

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

David,

Can you confirm these systems were configured with CCA 2.2? Also, what software pack are you running?

Thanks,

Marcos

Hi Marcos,

Can you confirm these systems were configured with CCA 2.2? Also, what software pack are you running?

No it was configured using CCA version 2.1 and that was the base config, there was some CLI stuff carried out and the rest via the WEB GUI on the system.

They are running software pack 7.1.3  if ia m not mistaken or 7.1.1 either one of them.

So if i am reading this right, in order for this software to work the system needs to be programmed using CCA version 2.2?

This type of application is an absaloute must, but i hope it is not heavily locked down.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

David,

Office Manager assumes that the system has been provisioned by CCA 2.2, and by CCA 2.2 ONLY. OM assumes so many things in order to consolidate the user information screens, that we had to make the call and impose this design guideline. I can tell you with almost absolute certainty that this restriction will remain.

Thanks,

Marcos

Hi Marcos,

Office Manager assumes that the system has been provisioned by CCA 2.2, and by CCA 2.2 ONLY.

Can you please explain how it assumes this? are you able to provide the process? It would be help to have this kind of udnerstanding, it wouldnt be using the banner to assume this right?

OM assumes so many things in order to consolidate the user information
screens, that we had to make the call and impose this design guideline

Fair Call i guess, there has to be a point where you draw a line in the sand. So i will move forward now with this information that the application can only be used with future deployments that have been programmed up with CCA 2.2.

I can tell you with almost absolute certainty that this restriction will remain.

So i take that statement to mean that this application will not support the 2800 series routers which run the same type of setup as the UC500, even though there is a form of stipulation in the commentary post on this application (Download section) in a round about way stating that it may support other appliances.

Thanks for your quick updates/responses Marcos much appreciated :)

Cheers,

David.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: